Mai-HiME Mai's Bond?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kain, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

***Episode 20 Spoilers***

This is one thing that i still haven't been able to figure out. Who is Mai bound to? After watching episode 20 it turns out not to be her brother. Can a HiME bond with only one person at a time? This is one of the things that i'm interested in seeing in the near future if the show, since things are really starting to heat up.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I think it may be Tate. It's not Reito, that's for sure. It's not any of her other friends either. It's not Mikoto (Har har..). So, yeah, I'd say there's a good chance it's Tate. I also wonder whether it's possible for HiMEs to be bound to eachother? The way Natsuki and Shizuru seem to be.

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Thats the thing that i'm interested about, theres a chance that Shiho may still be a HiME but she just hasn't revealed it, and if she is then thers no dout that she'll be bound to Tate. I guess you have to wonder can two HiME's bond to one person?

4. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I don't think so..
    • Shizuru
    • Fumi-san
    • Mai
    • Midori
    • Mikoto
    • Nao
    • Sister Yukariko
    • Natsuki
    • Akane
    • Mysterious Ghost Thingy
    • Akira
    • Yukino
    There's supposed to be 12 HiMEs, isn't there?

5. Vatina

Vatina New Member

I just saw that episode today. Awesome :O But yeah, I guess she is bound to Tate then?

And we still don't know who the ghost person is, though it didn't look like Shiho went anywhere during that fight :/

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

This is after seeing up to episode 21 *spoilers*

Okay, I see it as this:

• Shizuru - Hydra Child (Kiyohime)
    • Fumi-san - Humanoid Child (Princess Suishou) ***
    • Mai - Dragon Child (Kagutsuchi)
    • Midori - Scorpion-type Child (Iron Fang, Gakutenou)
    • Mikoto - Sword Child (Miroku)
    • Nao - Spider Child
    • Sister Yukariko - Unicorn Child
    • Natsuki - Wolf Child (Duran)
    • Akane - Tiger Child (Harry?)
    • Shiho - Crow Child **
    • Akira - Frog Child (Gennai)
    • Yukino - Squid Child (Diana)

**I believe Shiho is a HiME ~ that evil face she makes scares me.. the HiME and Child have been attacking only Mai. And the Crow Child knocked Gennai back down for Mikoto to slay Gennai, for Takumi to dissapear. I'm wondering if Shiho also gets possessed by an evil aura like Mikoto does?

*** A HiME??? I see Fumi as a HiME with really weird circumstances. Lord Kokuyou said to Mashiro "to store your soul in the form of a Child and remain in a fake vessel yourself" - Mashiro was using a puppet as her body, but Fumi is a real person. So, Fumi's Child, became possessed by Mashiro? I'm confused at this point. Really, if one of the 12 in the list doesn't belong there, I'm leaning towards Fumi.

Anyways, to answer the thread topic. It's Tate. The one person that illuminates the darkness in her heart.. sounds cheesy. But when she said she had nothing, he came to mind, but Shiho.. I hate that lil ... sigh.. this anime is crazy. There are too many connections between the HiME's and their loved ones.

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

After watching episode 22 i'm pretty conviced that Shiho is not only a HiME but is also the Ghost HiME that keeps attacking Mai, cause she seemed to stop all of a sudden when she realised Tate was there.

Thats my opinion anyway.

8. phatso

phatso New Member

hello hello

hey guys
    first of all WOAH what has happened to the girls in mai hime everything just turned upside down because of that BAKA takumi well he deserves not to live and mikoto i never liked her, shes the real burden :mad: my favorite character is natsuki although if Akane's child lived i wudve liked her more but oh well im dl epi 22 now CANT WAIT oh is it 24 or 26 epi's in total??

9. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

How is it Takumi's fault? Clearly you've missed the general picture of the last few episodes. Shame.

That necklace Mikoto wears seems to be controlling her.. Think Midori's going to get out of there alive? Judging from the preview to the next episode, looks like Yukino's going to be defeated by Shizuru. I wonder how Natsuki's going to react?

10. phatso

phatso New Member

weeellll!!

its just that he is so annoying, he didnt appreciate his sisters help!! i mean if mai didnt overhear what they were talking about she wudnt have been pissed at mikoto and mikoto wudnt have been doubtfull about their friendship, anyway i feel sorry for natsuki shes been used and abused! all i care is about her

11. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Takumi felt that he was a burden on Mai and that it was him that was making her work all the time so that she could aford his medication. If i was in his position i'd feel the same way. Its not that he didn't appreatiate her help, but he just didn't want to be the one weighing her down in life.
    And i don't think that he was the cause of Mitoko and Mai falling out. I personally feel that it was Mitokos own agresivness that was the cause. She may have had good intentions but her own hastyness ultimatly lead to Akira's defeat.

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

What's this got to do about Mai's Bond?

13. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Ciel's right, we now know that Takumi is not the one Mai is bound to, so if you want to winge about him or any other character, then please do so in another thread.

14. ChiemiChan

ChiemiChan New Member

Shiho's a HiME alright, a mighty possesive one at that but she is a HiME -^^-
    Umm... Fumi isn't a HiME, Allysa is a HiME for sure.

15. ChiemiChan

ChiemiChan New Member

Mikoto isn't to blame as well as any of the other characters, this series was created with fun and laughter and will end that way, Mikoto was being controlled by that brother charm thingy but she overcomes it.

16. ChiemiChan

ChiemiChan New Member

Oh, oops, sorries, I found this off google trying to find where all of their markings are and I saw a lot of... interesting things being said so I just typed, sorries :sweat2: