Naruto Man, I called that... TWICE. :P Chapter 330 Spoilers

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Chane, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Two things that I called that everyone seemed to disagree with me on (not just here, on other Naruto sites as well :p)

One:

We can clearly see that in Chapter 330, Shikamaru has started smoking. We see him smoke at least two cigarettes, in two different occasions (one while he's sitting around during Asuma's funeral, and twice when he, Ino and Chouji are about to set off at the end of the chapter. I called this but people misunderstood -why- I said this. Some believe I was ignorant enough that I would believe Shikamaru smoking that one cigarette would "hook" him. No. I believe it's more of a respect factor. Silly to us? Undoubtedly. But not unheard of.

Two:

It is -not- Naruto who inherits Asuma's trench-knives (not to say that it couldn't happen down the line, but it was the common assumption that Shikamaru would give them to Asuma after the funeral). As you can see, in Chapter 330, Shikamaru is training himself on using them and how to put the chakra into them. Which, personally, I thought was a much better choice.

We also see that Shikamaru, while preparing from Team 10's new unknown mission (yet I assume it deals with the Akatsuki), also has another weapon that he never had before, some kind of tanto it looks like so I wonder what's in store. Shikamaru has been one of my favorite characters for a looooong time and he's turning into such a badass. :p

Also, another thing that everyone seemed to be split down the middle about, but this chapter confirms: Asuma was Konohamaru's uncle. Not his father.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I think that the smoking and learning to use Asuma's trench-knives is a way for Shikamaru to coup with the loss of a father figure.

I was pleasently surprised when Shikamura got the trench-knives. Maybe he will aslo learn it with the kind of tanto he started using.

This chapter also confirms the special relationship with Kurenai and Asuma. We know there have been hints. A lot of hints. Maybe now she could be pregnant?

I was rather happy to find out that Asuma was Konohamaru uncle. I don't think he would have such a nerdy son. :p

I agree team 10 is going after Akatsuki.

We get another glimsp at Naruto's training. Figures that he would take Kakashi's "I really like you" wrong. He should have been pleased. Kakashi hasn't said anything to his group on how he feels about them. We know that he has "acted."