Manga Manga Online

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by KlodaX, Dec 16, 2004.

1. KlodaX

KlodaX New Member

Is there such a thing as a Manga Strip? I know nothing about manga and am only recently introducing myself to anime. I am wondering, like a comic strip is there a manga strip? :eek: Are there any online in English that you would recommend? ... speaking comics ... I suppose I'm looking for 'The Maxx' in 'Garfield' style? :p I'll be expecting a slap now from the avid Manga fans.

I am young.. but I will learn!

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Do you mean like comic strips that you find in newspapers?

There aren't really any in the newspapaers over hear since manga is still not that populare. Any most mangas come in the usual from that you would find a Marvel comic (except sometime you read from right to left), but i haven't seen any in a strip that you would see Garfeild or Calivin and Hobbies in.

3. KlodaX

KlodaX New Member

are there any online strips?

4. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

"Buy the Naruto mangas instead - URL edited by Teddz", or if you shounen jump, go to www.shonenjump.com
    there are others....but im lazy and they are probablly alittle illegal....oh well.

5. KlodaX

KlodaX New Member

Thanks Lucky. I don't think thats what I was looking for. I suppose maga must be a lil too complicated for a strip!

Cheers anyway.

6. centrax

centrax New Member

MegaTokyo would be worth checking out, it has an archive available online as well as in two print volumes (so far) from Dark Horse Comics.

Also ComicsOne does a weekly funny which is a crayon shin-chan strip.

7. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Well, there are a lot of online comics that utilize a manga-type style. It all depends on what you're looking for, really. I'd recommend the following:

Shadowscapes - Created by our very own Kogarashi, this is a fun fantasy series. It's currently on hiatus for the Christmas break, but she should be back on it with the new year.

The Way to Your Heart - Fun shoujo type series that I was recently introduced to by my neighbor. Pretty J-Rockers. ^_^

Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire - If you're going for more of the daily comic strip type of series, this is a good one to check out. Fantasy story, pretty substantial archive, fun characters, and a fair amount of punning.

El Goonish Shive - Yet another fun series that utilizies many of the anime/manga stereotypes and genres to pretty good effect.

Those are just a few of many series out there. They're my personal favorites. If you're looking to get into actual manga that's being published, I'd suggest going to the Tokyopop website and browsing their selection. They have samples for nearly every series they publish, so you can get a taste of the art style and the story. Viz does that for some of their series, but I don't know how expansive it is.

If you have access to a bookstore, browsing is always a good option. Most of the anime series you're introducing yourself to probably started out as manga, and chances are you'll be able to find something you like if you go that route.

~Shadrach Anki

8. fahimah

fahimah New Member

i verry like comic. special from jpan. :D :D :D

9. Vatina

Vatina New Member

I made an online comic/manga too, if you're interested ^_^;; anyways, it can be found here....:

Angelic Orbs

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

There's also Tsunami Channel. The artist is taking a hiatus from making comics until around May or June, but he's got over 200 comics in his archives.

Enjoy!