RPG Archives Masque 01 - 2nd thread: The masque continues...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Reisti Skalchaste, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

As it looked as though some people were getting bored, Shinryu said to them all,

"It seems as though you'd like some entertainment. Well, there are many possibilities. Some of you may be interested in testing your combat skills, " glancing at Kenshin and Zelgadis as he said this, "or perhaps some of you would like to dance, there's a ballroom I could show you to, if you'd like" looking now at Aeris and Usagi. "There's no shortage of entertainment here, only simply the time to do it all."

2. M-Kenshin

M-Kenshin Guest

Hearing this Kenshin looks at Shinryu.

"Thank you Shinryu but I am not one who fight for pleasure, should have invited my friend Sano if you wanted that" he says. Then looks at Usagi,

"However, I think i could go for some dancing" he says walking over towards Usagi.

3. M-Sailor_Moon

M-Sailor_Moon New Member

Usagi smiled at Kenshin as he approached her and said, "Would you like to dance as well Kenshin?"

4. M-Zelgadis

M-Zelgadis Guest

"I'll decline your offer for battle. However, if you have a library, I'd be interested in seeing it."

'Perhaps he has my cure...' Zelgadis mused.

5. M-Aeris

M-Aeris Guest

not knowing anyone here to well aeris said,"well Shinryu it is nice of you too offer but i would not like to dance. perhaps i could see the library too like the other guest so i could possibly see if you have any information i odn't know about the anicients?"

6. Reisti Skalchaste

"Very well. I'm sorry that our other guests could not... entice you to stay, Aeris, but I'm sure you'll find my library quite satisfactory. It's contents rival the Claire Bible, though I am certain they do not match it."

At this, purple smoke began to gather around Shinryu, and all those who wished to go to the library. When it dissipated, the entry hall was gone, replaced by shelf upon shelf, row upon row of books, neatly organized by subject matter and by name. There looked to be thousands, indeed, hundreds of thousands, of books, in every concievable form, language, and style.

Shinryu was nowhere in sight, but his voice rang out, "If you later decide to join us in the ballroom, you are welcome, simply call out my name."

Meanwhile, Shinryu had taken the remainder of his guests to the ballroom. It was a grand affair, making the entry hall, lavish in it's own right, look like a cardboard shack by comparison. Most of the hall was taken up by a large floor, one meant to hold many hundreds of people, rather than it's comparitively small entourage that now occupy it.

One end was taken by a massive stage, with deep red curtains framing it. There was a figure standing in the center of the stage. At Shinryu's nod, the music began.

7. M-Aeris

M-Aeris Guest

aeris was suddenly suprised to be in a library so suddendly with the other guest
    she first noticed how grand it was then
    she turned to see the other guest and intoduce herself so we wouldn't be strangers while in the same room
    "Hello, my name is Aeris and what is yours?"aeris inquired to the other guest

8. M-Zelgadis

M-Zelgadis Guest

Taken slightly aback by the sheer size, and the sudden appearance of the library, Zelgadis almost didn't notice Aeris' greeting. He was tempted to ignore it, but knowing that it would simply lead to a repeat, he decided to respond. Looking at her, he said only...

"I am Zelgadis."

...and began to walk through the aisles of books, looking for one that might contain his cure. Finding a book that looked promising, he opened it, and began to read.

9. M-Aeris

M-Aeris Guest

after learning Zelgadis's name he proceeded to look about the books
    i will do the same aeris thought
    so she looked around
    she found some medicle documents and what really suprised her was that there were shinra documents!
    aeris leafed through them seeing many she already knew or didn't care about when she found transcripts of 3 interviews between professor gast and ifalna her mother
    aeris then took all the documents and started to read the earliest dated one

Edit:i wanted to add something

after reading some of the first document aeris realized she read the title wrong
    these documents were actually a seris of science fiction novels
    aeris felt a little stupid at her mistake so she replaced the document books and continued to look around

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Back in the ballroom, the first song was just beginning. Shinryu decided he'd simply watch. Noticing that Keitaro was off to one side, and looking very nervous, Shinryu walked over to him and asked, "What's wrong, Keitaro? You seem very nervous."

11. M-Keitaro

M-Keitaro Guest

Keitaro looked over to Shinryu. "Ohh...its nothing....it just seems unfair that after failing my entrance exam to Tokyo U, Im in a party this soon."
    Keitaro knew that he did not deserve such a place in the part, but he also questioned the guests, from the Muscle Man to the Samurai.
    "OH! Its nothing too important!!" he said quickly. Of course, he didnt want to publically question the "intriguing" guests at the party.

12. M-Sailor_Moon

M-Sailor_Moon New Member

Usagi sighed, it seemed that Kenshin was not in the mood to dance at the moment. She slipped away and noticed Shinryu and a nervous young man conversing. She smiled and walked towards them. As she neared them she heard the last bit of their conversation and said, to the nervous man, "If it makes you feel any better I have trouble at school as far as the brainy stuff that Ami-chan does so well in to. You just have to keep trying."

13. M-Kenshin

M-Kenshin Guest

"I am terribly sorry Usagi, that i am. I felt dancing in my gi and hamaka would not be such a good idea so i asked Shinryu if he could help me out and he let me borrow this" he said to her as she turned around. "So, are you ready to dance?" He held out his hand.

14. Kagura walked into the ballroom and saw Shinryu talking with the nervous young man named Keitaro. "Wonder if Kyo will mind..." she thought. She went up to him and asked. "Would you like to dance Keitaro? Come on! It's going to be sooooo much fun!" she said while giggling madly. She saw that he got even more nervous. "If you don't dance with me...then I'll knock your socks off!!!" she yelled while slamming Keitaro to the ground. Keitaro stood up, 'accidently' grabbing Kagura around the waist for support. "Oh no!" she said. All of a sudden, a cloud of smoke surrounded her and all that was left of her was a boar sitting on top of Kagura's clothes. "Damn..."she mumbled.

15. M-Minoru

M-Minoru Guest

Still impressed by Shinryu's 'trick', Minoru could only stare at the impressive amount of bookshelves in the library. 'Just, who is he?' wondered Minoru. Noticing more people around him, he quickly started exploring the place. Not long after, Minoru found a computer, not as many libraries' computers, but an extremely up-to-date one. 'This castle is full of surprises. Let's see what I can find out' he said to himself as he sit in front of the screen.

16. M-Zelgadis

M-Zelgadis Guest

Zelgadis was frustrated. This library *did* contain much in the way of books, but it was like when he had seen the Claire Bible, there was so much information it was hard to find what you were looking for. He did find the instructions for a new shamanist spell, and a black magic spell he thought Lina would like, but he had no luck so far finding his cure.

He noticed a doorway on the opposite end of the library he had come in through, and began to wonder what was on the other side. Walking over to it, he gave it a slight push, enough to open it slightly, but not all the way. He peered inside...

17. Reisti Skalchaste

As Zelgadis peered into the room, a sudden force tore the door out of his hand, slamming it into the opposite wall, with a bang loud enough to make Minoru and Aeris look up, to see the source.

They looked in time to see Zelgadis get pulled into the room with a yell of shock. Behind the door was pitch black, and nothing could be made out inside the room.

18. M-Aeris

M-Aeris Guest

Aeris was suddenly shocked by a loud bang
    she saw Zeldgadis get pulled inmto a room
    she noticed another guest in the room
    she walked over to the other guest and said,
    "Do you think we should see where that room leads?"

19. Mint looked around...there had to be somone she could dance with.

She saw Keitaro, smiled, and began to advance towards him, till she noticed Kagura get there first.

'Drat!' she thought.

Then Kagura attacked Keitaro and Mint was unable to believe it. Yet she believed Kagura turning into a boar, more than her being both violent and rude.

"OH MY GOD! Another Mew Mew!" she exclaimed quickly rushing over to the Kagura-boar and grabbing her and holding her up to see. "And just like Ichigo! Her animal genes have manifested so much that she turned completely into an animal! Oh dear, oh dear, this isn't good! She has to change back soon or she'll be stuck that way! But...a boar!? But a horrible type of mew mew to be turned into! Poor thing!"

20. M-Armstrong

M-Armstrong Guest

After hearing Keitaro's short speech, Armstrong had said "Fear not my young friend! If you shall ever come into any danger it will be I! Alex Louis Armstrong that will protect you from thy crooks!" He then takes of his shirts and felxes his muscles, then says "do you hear me most noble one! you shalt regret your battle against me in due time i assure you!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.