RPG Archives Masque 01 - Welcome to the Masquerade!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

This is the first official Boards.jp Masquerade! It's an RPG similar to the ones you all know about, but with a twist. Nobody knows who the other players really are. You may play as any character from any anime series or video game. Everyone who wants to join must PM/IM me. Please, do NOT make your participation public. The idea is to play your character, in-character, without giving away who you really are. For example, if BakaMattSu were playing as Valgaav, he'd have to post from a separate user account named "M-Valgaav." And he should be careful not to reveal that he is BakaMattSu, and that "M-Valgaav" is him.

Each masquerader should create a new user account with the name of the character they wish to play as. Remember to hide your email address, and not to add anything to your profile that could give away who you are. So, nothing but the required fields, filled out with that character's information instead of your own.

Any member may participate in the masque, so long as they PM me first, for approval. At the end, we'll have a guessing game, where we all try to guess which member played which character, and then unmask ourselves.

Also, mods and admins, you may participate too, but please play fairly and don't "cheat." The point of this is not to know who the other players are, but to have fun, of course.

At the time being, character requests will remain open until the 15th of April or until I consider the masque as having enough players. Enjoy! :)

[EDIT] Okay, this has come up a number of times already. When you PM/IM me to ask to join, please tell me who you wish to play as. It wouldn't do to have, say, six Linas, or three Gokus running around, now would it? :p I'll need to approve each character selection to ensure there are no repeat characters.

[EDIT]I'd like to thank Shadowdragon and the good people at his forum, Shadow of the Dragon, for the original masquerade that gave me the idea for this one.

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Also, because of a few circumstances, I must ask that you refrain from creating the new account until further notice. If you've already created an account, don't worry about it. I'll let you know of any required changes to the account.

But, please do not create your masquerade account immediately after recieving my approval. If you already have, please send me a PM from that account, letting me know that it exists. (Unless I already know about it, of course)

Watch this thread for updates! :)

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Okay, to all those who haven't made your masquerader account yet, and have my permission to join, you may make your accounts at any time. However, you must type "M-" before the name of the character.

For example, If I were to masquerade as Cherry, the user I'd play from would be called "M-Cherry." Users created before this date have been changed to fit the naming scheme.

As things are currently going, we're scheduled to begin on April 1st! You may wish to research your characters quickly to make sure you're ready to act as them.

Also, masquerade characters will be wiped after the end of the masque, so don't expect to sign in as M-whoever, a month after the end. :p

4. Reisti Skalchaste

I'd like to thank each and every one of the people who asked me if they could join, and, though I'm saddened I could not let you all play, I thank you for your interest. Everyone who is in the RPG, we'll begin as soon as our last player checks in.

Here's to an enjoyable, and interesting masquerade! I'm sure you'll all play your characters to the best of your abilities, and that you will make this a most memorable occasion.

*raises glass in a toast*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.