Master Vs. Pupil

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Feb 13, 2002.

?

Who would win?

1. Hiko

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Kenshin

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Who would win?
    Who is superior?

The master vs. the successor

Vote for the one you believe would win the battle...

(I just saw Crouching Tiger,Hidden Dragon)The idea of a pupil surpassing his/her master in skills and power gives me hope of proving to the elderly that we (the new generation) are better

2. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

i say kenshin.

hehehe.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It all depends on circumstances... though in general census I say Hiko.

Now, if Hiko went crazy or evil or something, involving any of Kenshin's friends in the mix, he'd lose to the Battousai...

Kenshin fights better under pressure...

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I think it depends of the ability of the student to understand his master's teachings, find any of his flaws, and improve his ability. THe more determined the student is the better he can be than his master. I can't remember what's her name, the young girl from Crouching TigerHidden Dragon, but she was determined to exceed her master abilities through hard work. It doesn't come as a hasty generlization, our generation can have a couple of lazy people who are not willing to be better than their teachers but average.

As for Kenshin, I think he's an average student.. I concluded this from what I saw at the Ova Samurai X.

"It's not wise to listen to someone who is not listening to you."

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Kenshin did defeat his master though >_<x although it almost seems strange because Hiko already knows and has mastered Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu, so wouldn't he know how to fight and defeat any opponent who wields it?

6. chubby

chubby New Member

The Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon analogy is not really appropriate here because that girl didn't surpass her master by learning her master's teaching. She wasn't even particularly determined, she just can natural understand the teachings from the book better than her teacher that was all.

In terms of ability, Hiko should win. He's stronger and faster and the reason Kenshin beat him was because he was being the human target when teaching him the succession technique. It wasn't a real fight. In this kind of discussion, the real outcome always depends on whoever is writing the story. So in that respect, Kenshin will always win in the end just like how he defeated all the stronger opponents he fought in the anime and manga.

Who will win? - Kenshin
    Who is superior? - Hiko

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

When I saw the episode where Kenshin & Hiko fought .. I realized that Hiko is much stronger than kenshin .. but Kenshin might be more powrefull than him .. cuz if you saw the episode ..
    *It could be a spoiler for those who didnt see that episode*
    When Kenshin was learning the last techniqe .. He hit Hiko and if it wasnt for the new revers blade .. Hiko would almost die .. !

8. That guy!

I KNOW!!! that was so freakin' awesome! the hilt of the Sakaba took most of the force from the impact and spared Hiko from death... I guess the sword does know it's master's mind ;) or is it the other way around......

9. Zanza

Staff Member

I tottlay agree with you THAT GUY ! .. I mean that was so great !!

10. ChaosBurnFlame

ChaosBurnFlame New Member

if Kenshin thinks Kaoru's in danger, then Kenshin definately.... case in point, Jinchuu Arc... Kenshin's bleeding badly after Enishi beat him and was threatening Kaoru's life.... Enishi, who wasn't wounded at all from the fight got a surprise when Kenshin didn't bother using the sakabato and PUNCHED Enishi in the face and CONTINUED punching Enishi, to the point of where Kenshin would've beaten Enishi to a bloody pulp if it wasn't for the fact that the Whalemouth grabbed him right when Kenshin was preparing to go in for the KO. Enishi's injuries after the fight? Bruises all over his body, being barely able to move for a few weeks, and having one of his arms in a sling. NEVER threaten Kaoru infront of Kenshin.

11. Kuroi Kenshin

Kuroi Kenshin New Member

Hiko

Ok, alot of you seem to have gotten this wrong.

*Spoilers Ahead*

Kenshin did not in any way defeat Hiko in a fight. What Kenshin did do was perform the succession technique. A technique that Hiko knew would kill him if Kenshin managed to pull it off no matter what he did.

He says before the fight that this is the way the succession technique has been passed down through the generations. That every student who inherits this technique, inherits it at the cost of the masters life. If the student is unsuccessful he is killed by his master. Simple.

Of course regardless of whether Kenshin reversed his blade or not the force that the succession technique would generate would be enough to kill anything but hey this is anime so anything goes.

Anyone who hasn't seen it, well, you really have something to look forward to. After the fight between Kenshin and Shishio it is the best fight scene or moment at least of the entire three story arcs.

Oh and as to whether Kenshin or not Kenshin would be able to defeat Hiko in a fight that is a definite NO! When Kenshin returns to inherit the succession technique he admits as much himself.

Even when he summons all of his strength he can manage little more than to scratch Hiko.

12. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

I also think it's Kenshin.

13. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

Kenshin will win fore sure..

14. That guy!

I really don't know, ND really has me thinking. Hiko surely does have a lot more experience with Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu than Kenshin does and a lot more patience and strength. But I think that Kenshin said that it does not matter how strong an opponent is because you can use their strength against them(well he can anyway). I'm sure that Hiko did use all of his fighting potential against Kenshin when he taught him the succession technique, if not then I don't think it would have been a good test at all.

15. Kuroi Kenshin

Kuroi Kenshin New Member

I'm sure Hiko did use all of his fighting ability but only to a certain extent. His intent was not to fight Kenshin only to force Kenshin into a position where he either would perform the succession technique or die. As I said if Kenshin performed the move he would win no matter what. Now if Hiko were to battle Kenshin using all of his ability and moves including the succession technique I think the result would almost certainly not go in Kenshins favour. Hiko has everything Kenshin has(speed) as well as superior strength and experience and strength does count against Kenshin in a couple of fights regardless of whether he say he can counter it by using their strength against them. At the very limit Kenshin and his tougher oppenents fight at it would make a difference.

16. Zanza

Staff Member

Re: Hiko

Hiko was sapouse to be killed that time, but if you remember what happed in that eps, kenshin was shoked that part of his sword got of, which was result of obsorpting the strenght of the hit that Kenshin gave to Hiko..

Anyway, Hiko said that if Kenshin learned it, he would have killed him, but if he failed he would get killed by him..but we see both of them ar alive..!!
    Err..any comment on the previous point