Square Enix Memorable Places

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Nov 4, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

One of the most defining traits of the Final Fantasy series are its knack for creating new and exciting or unusual places. What are some of the places you've encountered while playing the FF games where you stopped and thought, "Hey that's neat"?

A few of the more clever ones I like:
    -Gurgu Volcano, FF: Active, hot, and deadly
    -Mysidia, FF4: Nothing like a town full of magic users who hate your guts. :)
    -Ancient Library, FF5: Fighting possessed books was a nice touch
    -Fanatic's Tower, FF6: A dangerous climb, with only magic to fight with.
    -Costa Del Sol, FF7: Even adventurers need a cozy resting place.

2. Novus

Novus Gone

The Calm Lands - Final Fantasy X - I loved all the backstory stuff.
    The Temple of the Fiends - Final Fantasy - Particularly the last bit, where you're in there for like 2 hours without being able to save.
    [I can't remember the name of the town, but the people all said "Lupa" all the time] - Final Fantasy - A very intriguing civilization, what with the flying castle and all.
    Chocobo's Paradise - Final Fantasy IX - All the pretty little birdies ...
    Daguerro (or however you spell that) - Final Fantasy IX - A town made up entirely of scholars and adventurers, powered by hydraulics and water magic and all that cool stuff.
    The Veldt - Final Fantasy VI - Complete wilderness populated by monsters from everywhere in the world ... It's a wonder Gau survived so long.
    That one area near the second town where you could fight really strong monsters - Final Fantasy I - Okay, this didn't really have any sort of name that I'm aware of, but it was cool because you could go there and fight some really scary stuff for training and money. I thought it was a glitch originally, but they kept it there in Origins, so maybe not.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Lefein. Although I think my spelling's way off...

On that note (though it's off topic), what's the deal with all the locations being renamed in Origins? All those r's becoming l's. I liked the r's better, dangit.

Yeah, I stumbled on that completely by accident, and has been a cherished "training spot" for many games since. I don't think it has an official name, but I've seen some creative fan titlings.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

Hey, in my mind it'll always be Corneria.

5. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Only played FF7 and FF8 so I can only comment on locations set in these two games...

FF8 - Fisherman's Horizon - Claming music (main reason why it's on the list)
    FF8 - Esther City - The scale of the city is quite impressive.
    FF7 - Gold Saucer - The fun never ends! and of course getting the omnislash in the battle-arena.
    FF7 - Cosmo Canyon - Love the music, love the place in general.

^Shen^

6. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

(FF I) The Flying Fortress- I like aerial places in RPGs. They're always so awesome
    (FF II)Pandemonium- Great final dungeon. Very colorful, and the music is great.
    (FF IV) Final Dungeon- Crystals everywhere... Ohhh... It's on the moon, too!
    (FF V) All of the worlds- I just thought all of the worlds in this Final Fantasy were great. Everything was big and beautiful.:D
    (FF VI)The World of Ruin- I just find it more awesome than the World of Balance. Better monsters, better treasure, and the feeling that your almost near the end.
    (FF VII)City of the Ancients- The most beautiful place in the FFVII world, and has the game's most memorable scene...
    (FFVIII) Ultimamecia's Castle- I love spooky castles. It's a great, challenging castle, too.
    (FFIX) Terra- I loved Terra's landscape. Too bad you couldn't stay there long.
    (FFX) Zanarkand- The city itself makes me stand in awe. It's just so memorable.

Final Fantasy has such awesome places!:cool:

7. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

FFX - the wood thingys where i found rikku and got to ride on that big heffalump thingy. and when i have to solve them sphere things to get the aeons, its tricky but fun when uv figured it out and u no wat ur doing:D

8. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Final Fantasy Tactics--Fort Zeakden(might not be actual place, I have bad memory)
    The only game I have been emotionally attached to...why, Algus? Did you have to kill her....? Ima kill you so fast...

And that's why I remember that one.

If you can include cutscenes, then...
    The opening cutscene to Final Fantasy VIII
    Gunblades are so cool.
    The opening cutscene to Final Fantasy X(the blitzball one)
    Awesome music, and I mean, Auron's the coolest character in that game. Barely.

9. Amon

Amon New Member

By far, my favorite has to be Macalania Woods from X/X-2. Riovanes Castle has a lot of meaning to me in Tactics (for certain reasons which shall not go explained!). Kalm was one for me in VII as it's the first town you visit (technically) once you get your *** out of Midgar. Macalania Woods was really the only one that made me really gaze in awe and wonder. I guess Zanarkand, too. And Mount Gagazet was pretty neat. And Cosmo Canyon in VII.

10. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Well, offhand, without giving it much thought, and without repeating the places already said (darn you, people):

- Cleyra (FFIX)

- Chocobo world (FFIX- secret place where you take your chocobo)

- Besaid (FFX- token beautiful beach island place with a bunch of spooky ruins...)

- Wutai (FFVII)

Well, that's all I can really think of right now.