Psychology Memory of the Human Mind

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basher, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

What I mean by ‘memory of the Human mind’ is the human mind capable of in terms of memory?

I think the memory of the human mind has three parts.

1. What we want to know.
    2. What we want to forget.
    3. What we just know.

I believe for “what we want to know” we are not in full control over it. Remember for a test when you need to learn all that information? You study and yet you still forget some and for the unlucky people all. And yet when it is something you enjoy like an Anime after watching one episode or movie you remember certain details even quotes.

The amazing part of “what we want to know” is that we can remember things we enjoy for years and years later. It also isn’t tricked. Because I think you can’t really trick yourself. If you make studying fun you sort of learn because you really don’t like it/don’t care for it so you don’t learn it at all. This would be why you don’t remember certain things. Hence the fact you can’t trick yourself and the fact you don’t learn it all.

I believe for “what we want to forget” we have some control over. We have more control over it then we do the other two. What fits in here is worthless stuff we learn we care about for the time like some stuff at school and a lot of work related stuff.

For “what we want to forget” we will forget in time. For your first job you probably remember a little right? It was your first job some what significant right? But what about your second job? You probably only remember the interesting parts to you or the most memorable. Now for your current job or school you remember enough but once you are done in time you will forget almost all (unless for work it was your first).

Right now I am out of the area I am in. I have been since around December. I don’t remember a lot of it. I don’t remember part numbers or the times allowed for them. The times allowed changed before I left. So I forgot the old numbers. A good portion of them at least. But the part numbers are changing now. So I am going to try to not remember the times allowed. I do know a good portion of the part numbers because I am in an area that uses them. I want to see if I am capable or sort of right in what I believe.

I believe for “what we just know” deals with tying your shoe, riding a bike, speaking your first language, and etc. It is stuff we learn. We don’t have any control over it. And we don’t really think about it. We just now it and we never forget.

Now there are certain cases when this isn’t possible or special amendments to them. With people that have chemical disorders it changes things. Like with ADD granted it isn’t a chemical disorder it is more mysterious, irreversible brain defect it still messes with memory and other brain capabilities. I think that there is something wrong that messes with several of the three memory places. Like they forget what they need to remember or where stuff is.

So what does everyone else think in terms of memory?