Saber Marionette "Mesopotamia" or "Mesopotamia V"?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by InuYasha, Nov 16, 2001.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Is she vain?

In all honesty, and assuming you weren't kidding, I can't really see her the narcissistic type... she almost seems the opposite from her J Again actions...

But, hey, I'm frequently wrong when it comes to what I claim is "judgement"... so show me otherwise...

And that much was quite clear...that the Otome Kairo were based on Lorelei herself... then, what of the Mesopotamia's Main computer? Was it modeled after someone else's personality, would you think? I guess the question is - do they ever explicitly state how the "Messed" was created?

Quite right... I guess I just tried scraping together more than one argument and failed along those lines...

BakaMattSu, awfully punny..."LOOK! The Loch-Mess Monster!"

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

LOL dunno what he meant, now that I look at it closer, but I was thinking it made the Mesopotamia narcissistic, if it was modelled after Lorelei, and fell in love with her.

That is, if it was modelled on after her.. now I'm confused. I guess I have to watch the whole show over again :)

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Not that watching it over again is a bad thing! ;)

BakaMattSu recently finished his 10th full viewing...

4. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Oops! My Bad!

I actually was just kidding about the whole "Lorelei being narcissistic" thing. Sorry if y'all read too much into it!:p :D :rolleyes:

Actually,I based the whole narcissistic thing off of BakaMattSu's post about the various arguments on the subject of the Mesopotamia's gender,so blame him for it.:D

Frankly,I think that the whole thing is Messugah.

InuYasha - Is it OOC to portray a 15th century half-youkai who knows nothing about Texas as speaking with a stereotypical Texas accent?

5. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

OK, Hanami now weighs in on the gender of the Mesopotamia topic (by proxy, through me :) ) In the section where there are pics of all the characters from the different series, under Meso. in J Again, it says "He doesn't appear"

Of course, his site also has a picture 'garally', so there could be language issues at work there :)

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm going to jump in the frey

Inuyasha:
    Actually,it's explicitly stated in the show (around ep. 23-24) that because of the instability of the M's AI program,they were "researching a system that uses [Lorelei's] personality divided into three parts."

doesnt this mean that the otome circuits are based off of Lorelei's personality divided into three parts, and not the Mesopotamia? The Mesopotamia was all on its own without the circuits for quite some time.

this brings me to another question, is Mesopotamia still Mesopotamia without the 3 otome circuits to guide it? Mesopotamia was Mesopotamia with its use of Lorelei. But it seems Mesopotamia is Mesopotamia without the 3 otome circuits, thus I guess I am saying the 'system' uses Lorelei's personality in 3 parts, but these 3 parts are not part of the 'Mesopotamia'.

Would not Mesopotamia become something else with its synchronisation with the 3 circuits?

Thus the 3 parts, were to help in stabilizing Mesopotamia's program, but were not part of Mesopotamia.
    Thus I don't agree with Lorelei loving herself, because that isnt plausible. Mesopotamia was something else. Perhaps it was even based off of Faust, but the 3 circuits were made for the Mesopotamia to fall in love with them, thus becoming an 'eternal lover'. Terra 1 (or whatever it was called) perhaps was a dominant heterosexual society, thus the capture of Lorelei was a complete horrific shock to the other crew-men. So I root for Mesopotamia as a male.

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Don't you mean "jump into the FRAY"?

Wow! You typed Mesopotamia 15 times, Ser!

Interesting viewpoint, and almost convincing to me. Sure, the Otome Kairo were made to level off Messie's unstable emotions, but I still don't think that would create an entirely new being had the two combined...

After all, the three were made to become "his" eternal lover... so in merging, I suppose it would create one being, but then you really couldn't call it Mesopotamia any more...

Oh thanks alot, now I can't even figure out what I'm saying anymore... you've officially confused me...I'll quit while I'm ahead, and just post this since I've spent so much time typing it already, and for no other reason...

BakaMattSu, if Mesopotamia isn't Mesopotamia and I'm not BakaMattSu, then who are you, and who am I? Who the heck is typing this??

8. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Does everyone here take me too seriously?

Sera,

I was being facetious when I said "Given that the Mesopotamia is based on Lorelei's personality,and that it fell in love with Lorelei,would that make Lorelei narcissistic?". I really don't believe that the Mesopotamia is coded as female,for some of the very reasons listed above. I was using the thing about the Maiden Circuits being based on Lorelei's personality as a point against Baka's anecdotal story about being told that the Big M was based on Lorelei's personality. After all,if the Maiden Circuits were based on Lorelei,then it is very unlikely (though not impossible) that the Mesopotamia's personality was not based on Lorelei. I said my signature line as an attempt at humor based on Baka's flawed premise (though in hindsight,it was a very poor attempt,since everyone seems to be taking it literally).

Oh,and one final note,I believe that the "Terra 1" you're looking for is the very planet that we're standing on right now...;)

InuYasha - Time to explicitly mark when I'm not being serious,I guess...

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I know you were being fecitious about the narcicism comment, just want to get to 1000 posts, like my role model!!! ;)

cough cough...

10. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

I can never get used to eating crow...

Man I feel stupid now. Here I was ranting about being taken too seriously,and in so doing,I did the very thing I was ranting about...

InuYasha - Crow tastes like those MREs they serve in the military...