Message from Admin - Please Read

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by BakaMattSu, May 26, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Okay, this forum has become ill, and I'd like to call a time out to drill a few points home until it gets better. There are some clear-cut reasons why it has become a mess, and I'd just like to express a few things. Consider these before posting again, or the Moderators may restrict your priveledges on this board. These policies are not new, and are adapted from our Charter here on M2A.

Keep in mind that I consider myself a nice guy, and I'm usually very leniant, but I also understand where lines must be drawn, and how to be firm. So, I'm not singling anyone in particular out, but I am attempting to preserve the general member/visitor interest.

1) STAY ON TOPIC - It's not too bad to bring in some related information or comment to a post. This can sometimes bring in some interesting ideas for the discussion. But get back on subject as soon as you can. If the western Kaoru look is the debated topic, keep it that way. While it's interesting to hear about the frog's society near Kaoru's real-life home, it has nothing to do with what she'd look like in a Western dress.

2) NOT A CHATROOM - Don't treat M2A like one, either. You're not meant to start a topic in order to post personal questions and answers back and forth. You're meant to make intellectual or interesting conversations or points. There really isn't any lasting value in "I went to Turkey last summer." "Oh, cool, so did I." "Yeah, how do you like it there?" "It's great. I did some training."

3) SUBSTANCE, PLEASE - The poll subject already had a "No" option, so what was the need of posting "No, I don't think so."? Maybe if you added why you chose that No based on several thoughts, it would have a place. But if you just wanted to say "no", we already got that from the poll vote. All I mean by this point is to actually try and make your post count. Answer with thought, and more than one stray sentence that really contributes little. Get everything out that you'd like to say at once.

All of these things can discourage others from posting and furthering the topic at hand. If everyone's chatting about their Turkish holiday, why should I bother suggesting what Kaoru would wear? Who's going to read through all that crud to see my post?

If you have any comments or concerns about any of what I just said here, feel free to discuss here.

Thank you,
    BakaMattSu

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Zanza and I have been busy lately, but we didn't expect to come to a chaotic forum. We will be monitoring the forum closely for the next while and if some members do not follow the warning given out by Matt then you will be punished accordingly, maybe even banned. We are not doing this to pick on any of you either, some may have not known they weren't supposed to "chat" but this is in the interest of all who visit this forum.

The Shinsen Gumi has spoken

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Just a notice, I closed some of the active topics here so that TG & I have some peace and quit while cleaning the spam. Its not because some of you people posted, no, just you wont waste your time posting something that could be deleted.

Consider it as a shut-downed forum ^^; It wont take long :)

4. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

there is a chat room on here, so i can understand why you guys are a bit mad about that:anger2:

Hotaru
    :catgirl:

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

in our defense we had no idea that there was one...and not only that it doesnt work on my computer...

6. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

For those of you unable to get into the chatroom via the java chatroom, check this thread on how to download, install, and configure mIRC.

[edit] Sorry if this's a little off-topic, but hopefully getting some these guys onto IRC will cut a bit of the spamming down. [/edit]

- Ark