Movies Metropolis

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Meaikoh, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Coming out on march 8th, directed by Rintaro, that's about all I know about this movie. Does anybody know about the storyline or know any sites about it? Does it look good to you?

2. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the name of an old silent film from the 1920's? We're talking old-school science fiction, complete with the shiny silver robots.

3. Meaikoh

Yeah, I think there was a movie called that but actually I think the title is (for the one i'm talking about) : Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis.
    Directed by Rintaro, screenplay by Katshuhiro Otomo.
    It's an anime with this scary looking scared boy/girl on the front of the promo.

4. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

That's a horse of a different colour, then, isn't it?
    What can you tell me about this one?

5. Meaikoh

Really, I was asking you guys. But I guess I'll go see it on march the 8th. Looks okay to me I guess.

6. Meaikoh

OMG!!!

I saw this movie today! It was absolutely amazing! Kenichi & Tima 4 ever! I really think you all should see this one! I'd better stop myself before I give anything away...It's so good!

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

It is? I dunno, haven't seen it yet, but it looked really kiddish, like Disneylike, and thats the only reason it was shown over here. so its not? its really good?

8. Meaikoh

It's hardly childish...It's definitely not a good movie for kids. And that's not because it's sub-titled. There's alot of minor swearing that you still wouldn't want to hear kids using and well...I'm on my way to spoiling things all over! Arggh! I love this movie! After you guys see this, I really want to discuss Rock, he seems to have an interesting psyche! And there's graphic violence, but it's still so good! I love it, I love it, I love it!

9. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Kids can see violence and coarse language on TV. I don't see the problem.

10. Meaikoh

To be honest, some of the animation towards the end is kinda scary... :D Well, anyway, I mean it's about a movie for... 9 and up.

11. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Obscure Livestock/Wizard of Oz Reference ...

Well, that's a horse of a different colour, isn't it? Or at least an MPAA rating of a different letter, any way ...

12. Meaikoh

Somehow, the horse of a different color does reming me of a Wizard of OZ book, that I'll never look at the same after GW...In Dorothy & the Wizard of Oz, or the Return to Oz anyway... Zebediah the boy and the horse...you know, they change color going thru that weird country...

13. Kat

Kat New Member

I saw this movie not too long ago at a Midnight showing. I have to say it was one of the most amazing animes I've ever seen. The plot was developed wonderfully and the graphics were great. Even though I thought some of the characters were drawn with a bit TOO much exageration on some parts, their noses, I still think that it was an all round good effect. It was cute and evil and amazing all round. I would watch it again if I could find it anywhere...

14. Keita-chan

Keita-chan New Member

The movie was good, but I found that guy in red very annoying. :D I thought only the mane and tail changed color?

15. Meaikoh

Lol, you mean Rock? He's messed up but I think he's cute...not his character, but the drawings.

Oh, and also poor Horse in Dorthy and The Wizard In Oz had to eat multicolor grass and stuff! Love that book!