Tokyo Mew Mew Mew Mew Power

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Fushigi Rockna

As many of you know, Tokyo Mew mew has been dubbed by 4Kids entertainment under the title mew mew Power and is on 4Kids.tv on Saturdays. I was just wondering...

What do you think of it?

me? i can't stand it all that much. I think some of the things 4Kids did was stupid, such as the name changes of the 5 mew mew and the 3 aliens. i don't think the voices suit their characters, and I don't like all the editing they're doing. i've never liked 4Kids, period, but the edits in Mew mew were the worse I've seen them do.

Nevertheless, they DID manage to make it into a decent kids show, I just don't agree with all the changes they had to do in order to do so.

So, what's your opinion?

2. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I saw a couple of episodes. The show is ok, but the mismatched voices drill through my ears.
    While i dont understand how Ichigo changes to a simple Zoe, some other changes were a little funny to hear. Dare I say which?

I guess its only meant to be for kiddies who didnt really read the manga.

- Kaiyon

3. Fushigi Rockna

You're thinking Elliot aren't you? >:
    XD

My friend's little sister can't stand the dub...she's read the manga, but she's a total dubbie...even she can't handle Mew mew power.

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

The translation is the poorest most biggest dissapointment to anime ever next to Digimon. This is a fine example that you can't trust anything that's licensed by Fox Kids. Poor voice actors at best. Or Poor performance.

I never mind the names, and just move on with it. There's nothing else to do, so I might as well just watch it, sice it got licensed before it could finish....T_T

-Seishin