Psychology Meyers-Briggs: Amazingly Accurate Personality Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by minjigga, May 15, 2003.

1. minjigga

minjigga New Member

yo, if any of you gots sum time on your hands go to-
    http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm
    and take the personality test they got there. then click on the links at the end to describe your personality and future careers and ish. when i read the desciption of mine i was amazed at how accurate it was. it described me!

Your personality type is ENFP.

Extraverted (E) 61% Introverted (I) 39%
    Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23%
    Feeling (F) 55% Thinking (T) 45%
    Perceiving (P) 59% Judging (J) 41%

2. Migoto Neko

Migoto Neko New Member

I love this test. I took the original Myers-Briggs type inventory. It was created by a mother/daughter team, based on the personality theory of Jung. I am an INF/TJ. I usually always score equally on thinking/feeling. My personality type is found in less than 1% of the population!

This test may seem silly, but the original one has been shown over and over again to be quite accurate.

3. rauko_ganwethrin

rauko_ganwethrin New Member

Your personality type is INFP.

Introverted (I) 82% Extraverted (E) 18%
    Feeling (F) 75% Thinking (T) 25%
    Perceiving (P) 68% Judging (J) 32%
    im not exactly sure what the hell this means but oh well!^^;

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Introverted (I) 57% Extraverted (E) 43%
    Intuitive (N) 59% Sensing (S) 41%
    Thinking (T) 55% Feeling (F) 45%
    Perceiving (P) 64% Judging (J) 36%

Your personality type is INTP.

Some Quotes of what that means! ill paste the ones i find true to myself anyway!

INTPs have a special gift with generating and analyzing theories and possibilities to prove or disprove them. They have a great deal of insight and are creative thinkers, which allows them to quickly grasp complex abstract thoughts.

1)Trust their own insights and opinions above others
    2)Live primarily inside their own minds, and may appear to be detached and uninvolved with other people
    3)Dislike mundane detail
    4)Work best alone, and value autonomy
    5)Have no desire to lead or follow

its an interesting quize to say the least

KaME

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Introverted (I) 82% Extraverted (E) 18%
    Intuitive (N) 86% Sensing (S) 14%
    Feeling (F) 65% Thinking (T) 35%
    Perceiving (P) 68% Judging (J) 32%

I am an INFP. Jeeze minjigga, you were not kidding when you said this is accurate. Every trait on the list is EXACTLY the way I am. I can say that if I gave this to anyone who knows me (in person), they would immediatly associate this with me. Gad, this is almost a little creepy. As for the career types, not a chance.
    Hehe, bragger :D

6. otakuotaku

otakuotaku New Member

Your personality type is ENFP.

Extraverted (E) 61% Introverted (I) 39%
    Intuitive (N) 73% Sensing (S) 27%
    Feeling (F) 70% Thinking (T) 30%
    Perceiving (P) 73% Judging (J) 27%

7. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

Your personality type is ISTJ.

Introverted (I) 86% Extraverted (E) 14%
    Sensing (S) 59% Intuitive (N) 41%
    Thinking (T) 50% Feeling (F) 50%
    Judging (J) 55% Perceiving (P) 45%

Heh you can see what career you would fit best at and what traits you have (depending on what type you got) and this fit me pretty good, not all but the most

8. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

Well it was rather long....did you seee that.... long!!
    errm so i mostly answered inbtwn... crap ... :) got to go dig it up again :) forgot to copy ;)
    to be continued...

9. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

Pretty neat test-

Introverted (I) 89% Extraverted (E) 11%
    Sensing (S) 64% Intuitive (N) 36%
    Thinking (T) 65% Feeling (F) 35%
    Judging (J) 73% Perceiving (P) 27%

My highest percent is introvert...yeah, I like to be alone and keep things to myself. The test IS accurate.

**As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss.**

10. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

esfj
    Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging

interesting...

11. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Introverted (I) 54% Extraverted (E) 46%
    Feeling (F) 65% Thinking (T) 35%
    Perceiving (P) 77% Judging (J) 23%

INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualitie s.

INFP children often exhibit this in a 'Calvin and Hobbes' fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and back again

INFPs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything. Even for the most unlovable the INFP is wont to have pity.

Their extreme depth of feeling is often hidden, even from themselves, until circumstances evoke an impassioned response.

Of course, not all of life is rosy, and INFPs are not exempt from the same disappointments and frustrations common to humanity. As INTPs tend to have a sense of failed competence, INFPs struggle with the issue of their own ethical perfection, e.g., perfo rmance of duty for the greater cause. An INFP friend describes the inner conflict as not good versus bad, but on a grand scale, Good vs. Evil. Luke Skywalker in Star Wars depicts this conflict in his struggle between the two sides of "The Force." Although the dark side must be reckoned with, the INFP believes that good ultimately triumphs.

Some INFPs have a gift for taking technical information and putting it into layman's terms. Brendan Kehoe's Zen and the Art of the Internet is one example of this "de-jargoning" talent in action.

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm an ISTP

Introverted (I) 79% / Extraverted (E) 21%
    Sensing (S) 50% / Intuitive (N) 50%
    Thinking (T) 55% / Feeling (F) 45%
    Perceiving (P) 55% / Judging (J) 45%

In a nutshell:
    Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity. On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.

13. MunaLP

MunaLP New Member

I'm like KaMe...oh poo...

I see I am an INTP...this test was cool, because it described me perfectly. Thanks for posting that! yeah!

14. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

Strong INTP.

I most deffinately agree with:

"Precise about their descriptions, INTP's woll often correct others (or be sorely tempted to do so) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTP's so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists."
    (especially that last part: "grammarians and linguists")

-AND-

"Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses"

==============================================
    Did a retake and it was INFP (1st time it was 52% T, this time 51% F)

This time it tells me I could be a writer, teacher or musician.

15. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Introverted (I) 71% Extraverted (E) 29%
    Sensing (S) 73% Intuitive (N) 27%
    Thinking (T) 95% Feeling (F) 5%
    Judging (J) 73% Perceiving (P) 27%

16. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

INFJ
    introverted 89% (your not alone heavy metal)
    extravert 11
    intu 68
    sensing 32
    feeling 60
    think 40
    judge 77
    perceive 23.

the description was pretty accurate...

17. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Your personality type is ESTJ.

Extraverted (E) 71% Introverted (I) 29%
    Sensing (S) 59% Intuitive (N) 41%
    Thinking (T) 85% Feeling (F) 15%
    Judging (J) 86% Perceiving (P) 14%

18. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Your personality type is ENFJ.

Extraverted (E) 86% Introverted (I) 14%
    Intuitive (N) 73% Sensing (S) 27%
    Feeling (F) 70% Thinking (T) 30%
    Judging (J) 64% Perceiving (P) 36%

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

This sounds pretty accurate. I'm impressed!

19. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

INFP... i was expecting something else, oh well

20. Naru

Naru New Member

^^;;; Is this really me?
    My personality type is ESFP.
    Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving

Extraverted (E) 86% Introverted (I) 14%
    Sensing (S) 55% Intuitive (N) 45%
    Feeling (F) 100% Thinking (T) 0%
    Perceiving (P) 73% Judging (J) 27%
    "Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people.
    SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating.