Art Molly Dolly

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Holly Jolly, Jun 12, 2002.

1. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

This is a character I created a little ways back, I have been working on a detailed story for her for a while now, and hopefully I'll be able to convert this all into a insanely detailed comic series some day.

[​IMG]

As the thread title says, her name is Molly Dolly. Please tell me what you think, comments and suggestions are more then welcome.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

...you mean you aren't drawing comics proffetionally yet? wow. she looks really cool! hope to get to see more of your stuff on her!

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

WOw she is soooo KAWAII! ^.^ PRETTY! I love the CG ^_^ Cool Costume @_@ keep up the good work.. hope to see the comic soo...

4. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Thanks for the kind words, but is there anything you dislike about her? Many people think she looks far too scary and such.

Don't expect any comic for a long time, I'm still just learning dynamics, and I got to write a huge intertwining script...among other things. So yeah, just pretend I never said anything about a comic. :)

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

she isn't too scary. if she was some sort of homicidal maniac, she'd fit, but she could also be totally cute beyond belief..or normal(whatever that is)...

6. chupito

chupito New Member

Kawaii!!!!! She is not scary, she is cute:)! i draw one of those too<not good as yours:D>, but i didn't have courage to post here:sweat:!!!

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Has any commented how she looks like Ronald McDonald yet? :D

Cool stuff, though.

8. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

That's a first. I get a lot of people that say she looks like a clown, and a few who have said she reminds them of Chucky. When I drew this the only thing I had in my mind was Raggy Anne, and this is what I got.

9. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I think she looks like a modern Geisha or something.. It's really cool... They are always sad looking. There is something mysterious about your character.. I feel she has some kind of burden and she cannot share it with anyone... hmm it might be that people think she's scary or that she doesn't have friends... Why is she sad? There must be a great story behind that ;)

I think your character would really make a great story ! :D

10. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

No wonder why she didnt look strange !! :p
    Sorry ..

No really its really a great one .. I hope you sucess making a full comic .. :)

11. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

She's soo cute. Your soo good at drawing, or no wait... I prefer saying that your a great artist.:)

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I was going to say she reminded me of Ragedy-Anne. is it the same image you show your friends that tell you she is scary? it may actually be the bright colours and lines that may seem harsh that the computer creates.

I think Molly Dolly looks great, and with popular cartoons that come out these days, like powerpuff girls, samurai jack, ed, ed and eddie, with bright colours and black lines, Molly Dolly would have a large following.