Debate Monk or Columbo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

So, which of these oddly humourous detectives is the best? I say that Monk is alot more funny, but Columbo is a much better detective. I mean, he usually knows who did the crime right from the start, but only needs to prove it to other people. And he's not obsessive compulsive.(Like that matters)

Then again, I doubt anyone will post in this thread.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

have always been a fan of columbo. and well, being a peter falk fan helps with that too. at least, that's where it came from ^^
    he's just so much fun to watch. and his mysteries were way easy ^^ i mean, it's always the guest star heheh

-waves a columbo flag-

3. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

If I had to choose between those two, I'd say Columbo. However, if I could choose any detective/mystery show star, my choice would be Quincy. He's not a detective, but because he's such an incredible coroner he gets to act like the best one ever. Plus, watching him take on the Issue of the Day is almost always (unintentionally) hilarious.

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I like Peter Falk :) The In Laws was a classic movie (the remake was decent in its own way actually)

It's also nice to see Tony Shalhoub get to be a main character in something. Monk seems like a role made for him.

5. Dr. Nick Rivera

Yessss....this is the first thread that I have made that people actual respond to in a long while now.

Well, it seems that Columbo is winning this debate ;D. Well, if you can even call it a debate.

6. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I loooove Monk's style and his obsesive compulsuness, hes my favorite and i never happened to really like columbo.

7. Dante

Dante New Member

Unfortunately, in spite of the fact I know that I'll get hit in the head with blunt objects for this, I admit I'm not quite familiar with Columbo. ^^; Though I am a fan of Monk. I mean, he *does* have the obsessive compulsive thing which is something he has to try and conquer and get over so it's a bit difficult for him to do certain things, but when he finally manages to get over certain things, just shows how strong (mentally, etc.) he is. ;P I think he and Martha Stewart would make a cute couple.

8. + annovachan +

+ annovachan + New Member

I hate to say this, but Monk. Columbo is the real DETECTIVE detective, but it gets so long sometimes. and monk, the humor is just great.

but i love peter falk just the same.

9. Dr. Nick Rivera

:sad:

Heh, well he was like, THE detective back in that what, 70s I think if was, and he had a lot of movies made(tv movies). He was all disheveled and looked kind of slow and dimwitted(I guess) and he always knew who did what and exactly how to trap them.....

And he had a glass eye. And a dog named Dog. So....that makes him awesome.
    [​IMG]

10. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

I'm going with Columbo on this thread. I grew up watching him solve case after case.
    I always thought he reminded me of my uncle. His style of doing his work has always made him a fun movie or show to watch.

Victor