Square Enix More FFX Polls: Favourite Aeon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Jan 30, 2002.

?

Which Aeon is your favourite?

1. Valefor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ifrit

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Ixion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Shiva

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bahamut

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  6. Yojimbo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Anima

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Magus Sisters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

For those of you who have played Final Fantasy X or are familiar with the Aeons (summons) from the game, which one is your favourite?

I apologize if I am in some way spoiling the game by giving a complete Aeon list ...

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

;.; cries cries cries.. I can't vote! I don't know what the aeons strengths are and what they look like. I know Shiva and Bahamut. Are they the same or diffrent from the previous games, I don't know..

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Well, I can't give you a pic or anything, and I cannot, of course do the Aeons any justice with words rather than images, but here is a brief description ...
    Valefor: An aerial Aeon sort of like Quetzacoatl, if you're up to date on Aztec deities. Uses a lot of magic and sonic attacks, can fire energy blasts from its beak. Overdrive: Energy [something or other], Energy Blast
    Ifrit : A classic summon here. A big guy with flaming hair and huge muscles. Uses a lot of fire magic, and can throw meteors. Overdrive: Hellfire
    Ixion: Sort of an electric unicorn. Not much else to say. Overdrive: Thor's Hammer
    Shiva: Not to be confused with the Hindu god of the same name, Shiva is the ice-lady we're all familiar with, back again for round 10, and actually wearing some semblance of clothing this time! Overdrive: Diamond Dust
    Bahamut: A really big dragon, one of the few Aeons who can have more than 9999 hit points, and can do more than that much in damage with his fists or his Impulse attacks. Notably, Bahamut comes pre-loaded with a whole lot of magic, and he is the strongest of the non-hidden Aeons. Overdrive: Mega Flare
    Yojimbo: A mercenary/samurai type. You have to pay him in order for him or his faithful dog to do any kind of attack for you. Does not have an overdrive command, but counterattacks sometimes if you pay him enough. Has three special attacks, Wakizashi, Daigoro and Kozuka.
    Anima: Just don't call it anime, please. That's what one of my friends did, and it's annoying. Anyway, Anima is big, scary and pretty nasty looking. It is a good deal stronger than Bahamut, but I don't like it as much. Has a special attack called "Pain" which can kill a target instantly (but does enough damage to do that anyway ...). I'm not sure what Anima's overdrive is because I just got it two days ago and haven't used it much.
    The Magus Sisters: There are actually three of these, one tall and thin, one fat, and one short and thin. They all resemble some type of humanoid bug, and they grow out of flowers when you summon them. They have a more confusing way of battling, and you tell them to do whatever they want to, to use a physical attack, or to heal each other. They're pretty tough too, and the fact that there are three of them makes them even harder for an enemy to take down.

I don't know if that helps any, but now it's out there ...

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

:) Thanx for the info... I chose Bahamut! The king of dragons!

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Ifirit has always been my favorite aeon ..

GNZ i have a question:

*SPOILER*
    Which aeon is the final Aeon that yuna will sacrifice herself to summon it?
    *SPOILER*

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

WARNING! EXTREME SPOLIER!

DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU DO NOT WANT ABOUT HALF THE GAME SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stress this enough! THIS IS BIG!!!!!!!!!!!

The Final Aeon's Fayth must be someone who has a close relationship with the Summoner, and that person becomes the Aeon. So, Braska's Final Aeon was Jecht, and Yuna's was to be one of her guardians. However, an argument of great significance, on whether or not there was a way to defeat Sin permanently, without killing the Summoner, broke out between Yunalesca and Yuna's crew. In the ensuing battle, Yunalesca was killed, so there is no Final Aeon.

In a side-note, giving away more of the game, the Final Aeon becomes Sin after killing the previous one and bonding with Yu Yevon, the ancient Summoner who controls Sin.

:( I feel so ... wrong ... having given away so much of the game! I hope y'all didn't read too much if you haven't played the game yet ... Wait a minute! Maybe I'm bluffing ... yeah, bluffing ... that's it! :rolleyes:

7. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I just read to the part where u wrote : The Final Aeon's Fayth must be someone who has a close relationship with the Summoner

Its torture .. i want to know who is that person/?/ .. Dont tell me. I have to gain the answer on my own

8. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I'll give you a hint: It's a character from the game, and it's not Keepa the Goalie!