Movies Most overrated movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by *Fabee*, Sep 17, 2003.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

To me, The Hulk and the daredevil are ..

Which movies do you think are overrated?

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Matrix and Matrix: Reloaded... really mediocre films in my honest opinion.

3. Novus

Novus Gone

I agree 100% with that statement. There was so much hype about Reloaded that when it came out, it suffered "Phantom Menace Syndrome", in that it had no chance of being as good as was hoped. It also wasn't nearly as deep or even visually impressive as the original. It was definitely sub-par. Don't get me wrong: I'll probably see the next one as well, just as a matter of completing the series.

4. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

I was really disappointed with Matrix Reloaded, I mean, I still liked it because it was a continuation of the first one. Which I liked. But, I was still disappointed. It had some pointless scenes, and I really hated the CG'ed parts. They just bugged me. Annoyance !! omfg! That was the first movie that came to mind....the other would probably have to be...engh. Must stop posting when I come back from class, I've used all my brain juice. Sorry, that's it. END OF SHOW.

5. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

The most overrated movie ever was Titanic it was stupid and pointless and every critic loved it it was terrible

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I wanted to see Titanic, but then somebody spoiled it for me by telling me the ship sank.:(

Anyway... Signs.

7. Novus

Novus Gone

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. It's such a bad movie that it must have been blocked out of my mind. Does anyone else remember when the Academy Awards set up the whole show with a Titanic theme? Doesn't this kind of make it a giveaway that the awards were rigged? I mean, they would have looked like total morons if that movie didn't win any awards, and they had done all this production for nothing.

8. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Wow, all these movies made my top list. I would also like to add, though it may not be accepted by everyone... Spiderman. I didn't think it was very good. It was too "yay heroism" and not enough "kick the bad guy's @$$". Also, Toby McGuire seemed dead at times. Like, literally dead.

9. Novus

Novus Gone

No Sam Raimi movie could ever be overrated!

10. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

Moulin Rouge...

Dear god... at thearters, it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but sitting through was too horrible for words to express..

11. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

Matrix Reloaded.
    ----
    matrix reloaded...and letss seee.....reloaded....

Hulk, Daredevil...

12. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

I bet ten imaginary bucks, that whoever said Titanic and Moulin Rougue sucked is a guy and whoever hated the Matrix Reloaded is a girl.

But i might be wrong, who knows.

I thought Matrix Reloaded was way better than the first Matrix, but did have its flaws.

I think the most overated movie is probably, The Hulk and..well..Titanic a bit. I thought it was a good movie, but not as good as everyone says it was.

13. Novus

Novus Gone

You just lost that bet.

14. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

The Hulk and Matrix: Reloaded are definitely top candidates. Around where I live, so were Episode I and II of Star Wars. Though, I loved Spider-Man (Yay of Sam Raimi!) and most people I talked to absolutely hated Daredevil, so can't quite see how that's "overrated". :-o I, personally, loved Daredevil. Anyways, yeah, Titanic fits under that category as well. And, although I'm asking for a lot of complete and utter verbal bashing here, I found the Lord Of The Rings films to be mediocre, really (which, in my eyes, is a great improvement from the books).

15. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

It could be no movie but Titanic. It was rated incredibly high by practically everyone: critics, legions of fans, etc. After a while though it seems people are beginning to discover that it sucks. Some thread around here about most hated movies had Titanic mentioned every other post. It is the very definition of overrated: highly rated while sucking.

A truly crap movie can't be overrated like Titanic can: no one ever rated it highly.

I liked Moulin Rouge, and don't think it was overrated. Everywhere I saw it mentioned people thought it would be awful. It was better than what most people told me == not overrated :D To someone else it may be though.

But Titanic is an absolute ;)

16. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Matrix reloaded.. It was so ever hyped that i did not realy even want to watch it.. and when i seen it.. I was right it was pretty dull movie.

Not sure why ppl say the Hulk was overated.. I loved it. yes its a bit slow at first but come to the half way point it takes off with everything You could possibly want in a movie..

X-men 2 now that was overated in my opinion.. better then the first by LOTS but still not that great..

KamE

17. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

Titanic, Spider-Man, Charlie's Angels, Shakespear in Love, A Walk to Remember, Apollo 13, Independence Day... All of those are very overrated. It's irritating.

18. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Harry Potter was pretty overrated, probably cuz of the millions of fans backing it up. It was an okay movie; I bet many of the tens of thousands of other fantasy writers could come up with stories that are just as interesting.

Titanic was okay, but it was still really really overrated! I enjoyed watching it, but it wasn't that great. I didn't even watch it until its second or third week of showing! My brother took me and a bunch of other friends who didn't see it yet (maybe one or two already had), and we went as a "might as well see it before it ends" quest. Yeaheheh, on the way to the cinema, we even started calling it "Satanic" instead of Titanic, and that was pretty cool.

I wouldn't say that Matrix: Reloaded was overrated... I'd rather call it overhyped. Cuz it was only after we all saw it that we could rate it or "over"-rate it. You know what the problem is with those kinds of movies? They give away too many good scenes in their previews! I mean, everyone was ALREADY looking forward to Reloaded, so the previews for it should've held back surprises. The movie itself could've been easily improved a lil bit with a lil editing. For example, a lot of fight scenes could've been cut 25-50% shorter and still be good, maybe better. Plus, I was really upset that Neo seemed weaker. (Remember in part 1 when he just flew into Agent Smith and made him explode? Where's that power now?!?) I also expected Neo to be faster, but he was just as slow as everyone else. As for the reuse of bullet time, new camera shots could've been invented, such as more "seeing through Neo's eyes" during those dramatic slow motion parts.

19. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

took the words out of my mouth.
    *yawn*
    lets see now, the whole movie was done by song.... none of which was original...
    MASTERPIECE!!!!!

20. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

I know im definetly alone in this opinion
    Lord of the rings
    That is all