Movies Most overrated movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by *Fabee*, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

not one person I've spoken to about the matrix 3 has spoken well of it

it truly was terriblly written, acted, directed. it was an abortion gone awry.

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Liar liar. Im not lisitng la la la i can't hear you la la la.

3. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

The matrix series was pointless. boooooring. there was no actual point in the whole series and it bored me. Keaunu reeves is definitely one of the worst actors ive ever seen.

4. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Can I jus' say... Chiquitabanana, how can a cute little cat-thing come from the 9th ring of hell?

5. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

it just can charlie.

how could i forget our big friend out there.. GIGLI!
    i fell asleep when the movie started and i ended up leaving when i woke up (about 15 min into it) it was horrible. ick ick.

6. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Maybe its the devil in disguise? Who'd EVER suspect a little cat-thing...mwahaHAHH!

7. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

ROTFLMAO! Ooooh, that's great!
    *deep breath*
    Yeah, I guess the film was pretty overrated. I didn't even think it was sad. I thought the fact that the other people died was sad, but then again, that historical event had always appealed me. I guess it's cuz I've seen so many Bollywood movies, and those love stories are MUCH more sad. American love stories usually suck.

8. Charlie

Charlie Guest

'Titanic-a love story'? Yeah, like disasters are so romantic.

9. Mochalex

Mochalex New Member

FINDING NEMO!

:anger2:

It's one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen and yet everyone else on the planet seemed to love it. I don't get it. It's a movie about fish for cryin' out loud!

10. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I liked Finding Nemo! I guess it was really hyped up, but that dosen't make it a crappy movie. ^_^ Dory=me, so I loved it! Seriously... I've already started losing my short term memory. I talk whale, too! XD And my friends always called me Dora/Dory. I hated that. Durn you, you silly blue fish.

11. Novus

Novus Gone

I'd like to bring Battle Royale to everyone's attention. I don't really know how "overrated" this movie is for other people, but a friend of mine kept hyping up this movie so much, especially after she heard I liked Ichi the Killer. So I finally borrowed the thing from her, and it was a totally predictable piece of garbage. I had actually only read glowing reviews of this film, but having seen it, I have to assume that the reviewers were all high. And supposedly this was one of the more violent films released in recent memory. This supposed graphic violence was cheaply done and poorly directed. I was not impressed.
    Anyway, that's probably more "overrated" from my perspective than anything else.

12. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Let's see, what have I seen that I thought was overrated...Well, I'm not a big fan of blockbusters so I can't comment on most of those, but I have found a few 'classics to be disappointing:

Lawrence of Arabia: Perhaps it's just the terrible way they portray Turks (Again, I'm Turkish), but I also found the epic shots through the desert quite lackluster. Then again, that might because I'm watching the original instead of the hundreds of imitations that I've already seen. Still, it didn't do much for me.

Easy Rider: Bah. I usually love counter-culture movies but this was predictable and preachy at every turn. Drugs and motorcycles, good. Government and truck drivers, bad. It's not that I don't like the message, but the movie takes itself WAY too seriously.

Spirited Away: The visual elements are there, I admit, but other than that I just could not get into this story. I get that it has anti-capitalism overtones and I don't mind that. I just found the characters entirely uninteresting and it bored me quite fast.

The Exorcist: I think this one actually isn't the movie's fault. It probably was horrendously frightening and terrifying when it was first released, but it's spawned tons and tons of rip-offs and copycats, and I found a couple of them to just be better. I certainly respect the Exorcist for the way it makes you think about religion, but that doesn't make me like it.

There are many more, but I don't want to start droning on and on. :)

13. Novus

Novus Gone

See, the thing with The Exorcist is that it has been in the past heralded as the scariest movie of all time. That's some mighty big hype to live up to. Of course, some of the more frightening aspects of the film have been removed since the original release. There was some lawsuit about subliminal messages or something like that, just little things like certain choice bits of audio spliced in here and there to trigger unconscious reflexes in the brain or something like that, nothing really serious. Still, all that stuff's illegal in most countries, so when it was discovered back in the day, needless to say it was removed, making the film a little less frightening.

14. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

Titanic! >_<; So overrated... Dunno what's so special about it. ::sigh::

15. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

Pearl Harbor was so overrated. The movie was really long but the actual Pearl Harbor attack scene only lasted about 30 minutes. The rest of the movie was just a lot of mushy romance.

16. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

I gotta agree, both Titanic and the LotR trilogy weren't nearly as good as the hype implied.

With Titanic - I wanted to fall asleep because I was so bored, but I couldn't because of the constant clamour from teenage girls sighing about the romance. I spent the second half of the movie chucking unpopped popcorn kernels at anyone I heard squeal or sigh over a romantic scene. -_-; I found the whole movie just incredibly dull - the best part was when the ship was sinkng and tipped, and some random guy fell off and smacked the propellor on his way down. (And for the record - no, I'm not a guy. It IS possible for girls and young woman to dislike cheesy romance.)

With LotR - I was a fan of the books when I was in highschool, back in the day when talking about Elves and Orcs and books with complicated words in them was proof of your nerdiness. I hated the movies. I'm sure anyone who cares one way or the other about LotR has heard every argument against the films, so eh. I WILL admit that the scenery and soundtrack were pretty good, but bleh to the rest. The fangirls annoy me to no end.

EDIT: I also thought that Akira was really overrated. I mean, yes, it's worth seeing and warrants some thought. However, there are just so many people who call it a masterpiece, praise it as some of the greatest anime of all time... and I don't think it is. The characters aren't very engaging, for one thing.

17. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

The Passion of the Christ.

And....maybe Platoon. Now that I look back at it, it isn't particularly good.

18. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I'd have to agree with all those who said the Matrix movies. The first ones okay, but after that it just goes on down.

I only cried when I first saw Titanic, because of those who died. Leo's death was actually kinda funny. I'll never let go, Jack! That lasted until a boat showed up.