Computers MSWorks hates my soul.

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Stardust Phox, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Hello, my name is Gata, and I'm computer un-smart.

I come from over four years of using a clone PC with Windows 98 and only the basics (meaning: I've never had Works until acquiring this new computer~). I learned how to live without spell check and word count (yes, PITY ME, I counted things MYSELF), but now that I have MSWorks I am a happy camper.

EXCEPT when I use Wordpad on this (the new) computer. Mostly it's just when I save something as an RTF file. I try to open it and it tells me it has to install something, but that I need to press OK because a dialog(ue?) is opened. I do, and it just... closes up. x_x;; It freaks me out! I mean, I like using RTF files. It makes life easier for me when I need to edit a document from a newer computer while I'm on the old one. I probably won't have a problem with the files on the PC (I've uploaded the files to an account I have, because I lack a floppy drive on this new comp ^^), but... I like my RTF's. ;_;

...what do I do?

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I'm not very good at these things... But I always just convert the RTFs to DOCs and use Microsoft Word 97. Ahh, the old days... Windows 95, Office 97, No games over 100 megs... 8x CD-ROM drives... Just what my computer sits at. No internet on that one.

Anyway, Word always does the job for me. Perhaps you could use that?

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

could you give more details? windows? what new pc? I'm not in your house hehe, etc etc etc... might be that MSworks is trying to open up your RTFs I guess? that's why I want details

4. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

Looks like you might want to open the RTFs with MS Word rather than Wordpad.

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

If that was the problem Valant, than try this:

Mark the file, right click - Propetites - Open with - Search for Wordpad. Also, check the box for " all types of files "

- Teddz (It's hard translating a Swedish OS....)

6. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Teddz -- THANK YOU. It worked. x_x;;

To everyone else -- I'm sorry I was so vague. I'm really BAD at being specific when it comes to this sort of thing. ^^;; Also, in order for me to use Word I need one of those code thingees, and even if I did (I have the code for it) it'd only be for a trial period.

So yeah... Thank you, everyone, and a glomp to Teddz~~ *glomps Teddz~~~!*