Creative Writing Muses

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Lady Aoi, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Who are your fanfiction muses? By this I mean what characters do you love writing about, what series/game/show are they from and (most importantly) why do you feel drawn to them?

Oh yeah. Please mark your spoilers or try to give a spoiler free reason if possible.

Here are mine:

Hanagata Mitsurugi (SMJ): I seem to say why I love Hanagata in every post I make, and I believe you all know my reasons, so I won't waste space by reiterating.

Hanagata Yumeji (SMJ): Very adorable and intelligent... and a chibi Hanagata! He just makes me smile.

Hanagata Kamatarou (you guessed it SMJ): He's not in most fan fics, and yet he's an intriguing character, especially when you consider his relationship with his eldest son.

Millions Knives: (Trigun) High angst potential, a fascinating and endlessly complex relationship with his brother and an equally complex relationship with his right hand man, high intelligence and general misanthropy make him a wonderful challenge to write for.

Legato Bluesummers: (Trigun) See above. My reasons for having Legato as a muse are similar to my reasons for Knives.

Meryl Streyf: (yup Trigun) I have yet to do a Meryl fic, but I fell in love with this character when rewatching Trigun last weekend. I admire her courage, determination and well, her feistiness. I suspect she's going to get her own fic someday, if she's not careful.

Sizer: (Violinist of Hameln) Tragic, beautiful, deep, elegant, poised... why isn't there more Sizer fan fic on line?

Ocarina: (VOH) Her friendship with Sizer is always fascinating to study, and I really like her spunkiness. She also has the ability to be cute and menacing at the same time. I admire that.

Mikage Souji: (Utena) Uh... without spoiling anything, let's just say I gravitate towards characters who are Tragic and emotionally stunted. They're fun.

The entire cast of FF7: Oh my gosh, where do I begin with them? The possibilities for fan fic are endless... but I'm especially fascinated with Hojo, Lucretia and Vincent Valentine. Hehehe. They're fun to mix and match. And I think Hojo is currently using me as his puppet o_O;;; I'm very scared.

I'll post more when they start making me write for them.

2. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

i love these characters and i am currently making a fan fic with them all in it.
    Tenchi -Tenchi muyo=the way he makes desicions and deals with all of everything that just falls into his lap
    Black Lady-SM= i just love her wicked ways and how she lashes out for her hurt and being alone. i feel just that way
    trunks-dbz-he loves his mum and dad and is so proud of his dad even if he seems cold to him. makes me not want to give up hope on loved ones.

3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Well, I've only written SMJ fics. So all my muses are from SMJ.

#1 muse: Lorelei (yeah, she even beats Lime!) I don't know but I just love her motherly role. I have to finish my 2nd fic... she's falling in love with Otaru! *giggle*

#2 muse: Lime. AAAAAAAAAW Lime!!!!! Sweetest of sweets! Her innocence, childlike nature... she just amazes me. And combine her with Lorelei and we have a beautiful mother-daughter couple! yeah!

#3 muse: Tiger. Don't you love this "evil girl meets a good guy and blushes in innocence" personality? *SIGH* aahhhh :)

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I dunno if I'd go so far as to muse 'em, but there have been some SMJ characters I've found more fun to write with than others...

Bloodberry - just because she's such a straight-shooter in the series (discounting J to X of course), and really doesn't get much exposure with true feelings. I still portray her with that rough exterior, but I tend to let a little inner feeling show now and then.

Faust - I find him one of the most complex personalities. Here is a man with both demons in his past and his present, and he *still* hasn't sorted them all out. Plus, being able to portray him as a "good guy" or a "bad guy" sometimes makes it feel like I'm writing for two characters instead of one. :p

Mesopotamia - even though I've argued this one to death as a personality that could have gone any number of ways, I find the first machine with emotions top still be a fun ride...

And well, i guess I'm not a real active fictionist, so I stop there.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

my muses aren't ppl...i don't like to give them physical form much at all..they're scary then lol.*^-^*

weather, and emotions. those are my muses. i've written a few good storys giving emotions like paranoia a good personality that's kinda creepy...they make me abuse my descriptive powers lots.

6. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I have lotsa muses... but I have two that are mine and mine alone. ^^ (And I've sketched them, too! ^^)

Musie la Fate: the custom muse, she can turn into whatever she (or her author ^^) wishes. She was my first muse, and continues to be the wacky, wild one. She's very bossy and critical, but very protective of her author. ^^

Dhectec Borgh Cupanh Rüé Reucec Marhl: the Abh muse, of the Racch family, whose title (Rüé Reucec) means Empire Knight because he has no domain, and whose given name (Marhl) is what he is often called. *finally breathes* He's more laid back, and he joined Musie and myself recently. He and Musie often fight, but it's always good natured. He's the more supportive one. ^^ And don't make him mad -- he fights with big spaceships and the backing of the entire Abh Space Navy/Star Forces. *nod*

As for FANmuses...

Izumi Himuro: we're so much alike, and she's awesome. ^^

Yugi Moto: he's too cute. Enough said.

Zelgadis Graywords: AAAAH! *glomp* He's awesome! ^^

...and there are more, but they currently escape me. ^^;

7. keence

keence New Member

...Um....
    I dont muse much on other peoples characters most of the time I make up my own characters and draw them. I do write about them some times. but most of the time I just creat them.