Movies "My Girl"

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sabrina, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

Has anyone seen this movie? I dont remember what the main characters' names are, but I know that Jamie Lee Curtis is in it. It's about this girl and this boy that grow up together and when they're 11 they have this talk about why in the world people get married and what it's like to kiss someone,lol. But it's the cutest thing...they end up kissing each other then they are like in love they think. Then the boy asks the girl if she will marry him(they're still 11) and she says "I'll think about it" and its just the funniest thing. But then the boy goes out to the woods and steps on a bee hive and gets stung a million times and dies. The funeral scene is a total tearjearker b/c the girl is talking to him like hes going to say something back and she starts getting all hysterical and stuff and its just the saddest thing.

I'm posting this because this movie makes me realize how fast you're best friend(s) *or the people that you love* can be taken away. Ask yourself...have you expressed your feelings for this person, may it be how great of a friend they are or how much you love them (or both) as if they were going to die the next day? If not, I suggest it. It's a new habit I'm going to get myself into. I'll end this with the lyrics to a Motley Crue song called "If I Die Tomorrow":
    If I die tomorrow
    As the minutes fade away
    I can't remember
    Have I said all I can say?
    You're my everything
    You make me feel so alive
    If I die tomorrow..

-Sabrina

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

my god that movie is awesome...i remember that movie. i almost cried when the boy died.

3. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

I did cry!! It was a very good movie!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ i really liked it. it reminds me of how far i've fallen with my best friend....... ;_;

I should be crying, but i just can't let it show.
    All the the things we should said that we never said,
    All the things we should have done that we never did. ~ a song

~_~ *tear*

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol.. I was just bringing this movie up to a riend of mine talking about bee stings.. and the part that really blows in this film. All the acting was pretty good, Dan Akroyd is the father.. Of course, totally ruining the ending isn't my forté... -__-;

5. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

i completely know where you're coming from. we need to talk sometime.

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Honestly for me it has been like decades since I have seen this movie. It is still a good movie.