Creative Writing Mystic Journey

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Karmi, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Karmi

Karmi New Member

This is a novel i am writing. It is copy writed please tell me you're opinion.

CopyRight@-R- 2001
    The Birthday of Death
    Their once was a girl named Rose. When she was little she lived in the Roet Forest near the Shindran Castle with her father. When growing up, Rose played with the forest fairy's. At the age of 12, Rose figured out her father was hiding something from her. She figured this out from various suspicious acts. When her father was very ill on her seventeenth birthday, he gave her a little slip of paper and told her to go to the fairy's near their hut. Thousands of questions filled her head, as she started to talk she saw her father's eyes as they rolled to the top of his head and his hands fall limp. She could not see him drawing breaths. Her eyes filled with tears "Bless you father." she whispered.

2. Karmi

Karmi New Member

The Surprising Secret

Rose briskly walked out of the room whimpering. As she snatched up her coat and swung open the door she saw ten bright lights screaming at her face. She swung her hand furiously in panic not realizing it was her fairy friends. "It's just us!" they screamed furiously dodging the inaccurate swinging hand. Realizing it was her friends, she apologized quickly and told them about her father and the slip of paper. The fairy's discussed this subject for a few minutes and then came back to inform Rose. "Rose, you are the child of the ancient prophesy. Your journey has begun, seek the sacred library of Shindran. That is all we can inform you of." The fairy's disappeared muttering "follow your heart." Puzzled, Rose ,with the slip in her pocket, set off running through the trees hoping that she would understand this mystery.

3. Karmi

Karmi New Member

The Prophecy

Growing darker within the forest, Rose keeping up a good running pace, she found the many thoughts of fear growing greater within her and finds various shadows of evil engulfing her. Rose shuddered as she grew weaker, wearier. Finally Rose reached the castle gasping and wheezing for breath. Suddenly realizing how late it was and how much of a ruckus she was making, she quickly shut her mouth and started to breath furiously through her nose. As she ran to the shore of the creak under where the draw bridge would lay she started thinking of how to enter the castle. This never occurred to earlier. She tried to remember what her father had told her to do if an emergency occurred involving Rouges coming to their hut, and how to flee to the castle and sneak in through a secret passage only known to the staff of the castle. Then it occurred to her. She slowly treaded across the creek and tapped the third brick up from the bottom of the drawbridge. A doorknob appeared higher up the wall. She clasp her hand around it and twisted it. She tugged with all her might and the wall slowly creaked open. She entered the door which snapped shut behind her.

4. Karmi

Karmi New Member

Cobwebs dangled from the low ceiling. She almost stumbled when she realized that their was a staircase beneath her feet. She felt her foot sink into the first stair. Then she realized that their was at least an inch of dust on the stairs. It wasn't to pleasant, but if their was anyone in the castle it would muffle her foot steps. She crept slowly down the stone stairs, breathing in silence. By the time she reached the bottom it had been at least a half an hour since she started her quest. Thinking she had made pretty good timing she glanced around the room that which she was standing in. Then she saw shelves of book and shadows from the open window laying on them. Realizing she was in the library, she started to read the spine of the books by moonlight. Then she wondered what she was looking for, what section it would be in? Then she remembered the slip of paper. She quickly reached into her coat pocket and unfolded it. She saw the lettering on the front of the paper was in a different language. Her heart sank, fear filled her mind again. What if a guard was to come and find her sneaking around? Then, hopelessly, she let the paper fall to the ground. She glanced at the paper again hoping something somehow would change and that she would be able to understand the meaning of the mysterious script.

5. Karmi

Karmi New Member

She then realized that it was now flipped on it's back side. As her heart filled with excitement She bent down gawking at the paper which said in small handwriting: Check section 24-b third shelf from the bottom. Filled with excitement, Rose hopped up and started moving her head upward glancing wildly at the signs which hung over the shelves muttering to herself:"24-b third shelf from the bottom. Finally she saw it written in gold lettering. She tiptoed over to the third shelf and saw one book standing their. She picked up which read on the cover: The Ancient Prophecy of Yire Rose opened the ancient book, the first page read: The church of Thedra possessed a strong hearted young priest named Yert. On the last day of the war with the Dark Lord, Piro, Yert wrote: One mysteries day a child with the black hair, blue eyes, a strong heart, and the blood of the royal ruby family will be born. This child will be blessed with the magic of the blood ruby's since the day they are born, and find ,with the help of fairy's, out how to use and control this magic on their seventeenth birthday for the tasks ahead. Please protect the world.. Then the pages started to turn by themselves. A blinding light filled Rose's eyes. She was then engulfed in light and a screaming filled her head. Rose herd herself screaming. "What's happening." she thought. Then a sharp pain gashed into her stomach. She blacked out.

6. Karmi

Karmi New Member

Blessing of The Blood Ruby's

Rose awoke with a start. As she glanced around to see where she was she was startled to find herself in a room with golden silks and platters. she found herself wearing a bright red velvet gown. Her room was shimmering with pixies lighting the room, and leprechauns rushing around cleaning the room. As she walked out of the room without being noticed, she felt something heavy on top of her head. She took it off very slowly. Her eyes widened, she was wearing a crown. Filled with shock, Rose herd someone calling her name. She quickly ran to the nearest door almost stumbling on her high heeled shoes. The door swung open and she saw crowds of dwarfs, elves, fairy's, leprechauns and other beasts. In the middle of the crowds were a huge overweight blond haired man who supposed to Rose was to the king, and a beautiful golden haired girl who looked like a princess. "What's going on! Where am I! Who are you!" demanded Rose. A lady in the crowd fainted.

7. Karmi

Karmi New Member

"How dare you speak so wretchedly to the royal family of law! yelled the king. Guards! Guards! Take her away!" "Father, this destined one has just been transported through the mirror fountain for the first time in her life. If I were her I would take the first action presented a precious minute ago. Let me speak to her and explain. The princess slipped off her chair and marched Rose out of the door. When they were out of the room the princess started to explain.

8. Karmi

Karmi New Member

" My name is Quenaver. I like to be addressed Princess Quenaver but you can call me Quen. The princess started out. Now I know your name is Rose because of your crest. She said as she pointed to Roses cloth with her name on it which was surrounded in Ruby's. Where did you get this treasure?" she asked. "My father made it for my birthday, which is today. But m-m-m-y f-f-father............ Rose's eyes filled with tears. My father died!" Rose burst into tears. "Rose, calm down, everything is going to be alright. The princess said in a determined voice. You probably don't know why you're here do you?" she asked. Rose shook her head.

9. Karmi

Karmi New Member

"Well Rose started to say. I know this part of the story. You see, when I was about 12 I started to notice my father do weird things that were out of the ordinary. He also used to go to the castle late at night. Then, today, my father went ill and told me to show my fairy friends a slip of paper, and-" "Rose, Quen beckoned, don't get so excited, and I have a question. You live near sacred fairy's?" she asked. "Well, common fairy's. I live in a forest you see. Rose said. Anyway, I gave it to them and they said to go to the library in the Shidran Castle and find a book and one minute I'm flipping through the pages of an ancient book, now I'm here."

10. Karmi

Karmi New Member

"Rose, I have been to the Shindran Castle Before." said Quen in surprise. "You have!?" asked Rose in surprise. "I'll talk to you about this later, but for now you need to know why your here. Well, you see, every time the Slumber Spirit Senses evil in the future, a new heir is born to the blessing of the strongest spirit of law, the blessing of the Blood Ruby's." "Blood Ruby's?" Rose asked anxiously. "Yes, gems that were formed from the blood of the gods of law. You'll understand once the ceremony has begun. Now no more interruptions. Where was I? Oh, yes, if you don't know this you are blessed with this section of law. Anyway, when the Slumber Spirit sees this darkness erupting within the heart of the earth, he makes an assumption of a new heir to the to pillar. Now your here. To prove your worthiness for this title, you must pass three tasks of bravery, wisdom, courage, and virtue. If you pass these tasks you will obtain the sacred weapons and ancient memory's from your mother. You may not know who she is, but you will have many visions of her. In other words your here to prove your self to be ready to takedown the Dark Lord. His name is Aseghe. As I said, you will understand more once we start the ceremony. Now lets go Rose." Rose nodded her head, some how she felt something about that conversation sounded familiar.

11. Karmi

Karmi New Member

The Three Tasks

As Rose entered the room the crowds cheered gracefully with excitement. Rose took a quick glance around the room, it was huge with dozens of crystal chandeliers and the real thing that caught her I was the kings crown it was pure crystal with glittering gems that could easily blind your eyes if shined in sunlight. "Hush great men and women of the ancient city of gems that have come together to witness this great ceremony which with all prayers of hope will revive what the ancient speaks of and will remove this curse on the land that which the Dark Demon Lord has cast upon us. shouted the king, Now let me speak to the young one. My name is Lord Raiden I have the blood of the royal family of Rutaca which use the ancient magic of the Blood Rubies. We shall test you to see whether or not you are what the Slumber Spirit speaks of.

12. Karmi

Karmi New Member

In order to receive the ancient weapons, armor and memory of you mother you must pass three great tasks of courage, wisdom, and virtue. The first will be to cross the pit of scorching bursts of lava." As the king pointed to the wall to his right it slowly opened. Amazed, Rose slowly stood on her tippy-toes to peer into the lake of lava but as she did a spurt of flame rose from below startling her. "In order to cross the pit you must summon all of you're courage. King Radien exclaimed wisely, Let the test begin!"

13. Karmi

Karmi New Member

The First Task

As Rose stepped up to face the begging of the fiery hell, she looked down seeing the deathly fires of the under world burning beneath her. She felt unsure of herself. No I've got to do this. For my sake, my mothers, and all my friends I love. I will suddenly she felt a shine in her heart. Her feet started to lift off the ground. A ruby red shield engulfed her. Suddenly she felt herself floating towards the other side. Amazing, she thought. I can fly. Then Rose started to feel tired. I must reach the other end she thought. Only a bit further, almost there, there. She landed on the ground. The shield faded. The crowd cheered. Rose thought power, magic, of the Blood Rubies.

14. Karmi

Karmi New Member

The Second Task

Rose held her head high as two griffins helped her back across the steaming canyon.
    "Now, said the King clearing his throat for the next task." He looked to the other wall which opened slower than the first to reveal a battle field. On the battle field there was no one....... so Rose thought. "You must defeat the evil demon Arragat. said King Raiden Let the battle begin!
    Rose stepped on to the battle field which sprung white fire from the edges trapping her within the center field.
    Suddenly Rose herd a wisp of air form behind her. Then there, in front of her, she saw a man wearing a huge robe with a hood covering his face in the shadows of darkness. Only his mouth was visible. It spoke through a thin opening:
    "Try and defeat me, foolish soul, and you shall die and wither in pain just like you're father."

15. Karmi

Karmi New Member

This struck Rose like an arrow through her heart making her soul fill with anger. How am I going to fight this demon she thought to herself. Then, her heart filled with rage. She felt the blood and adrenaline rush to her head. She felt her hand clench into a fist. A fiery aurora surrounded her.
    "LIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she screamed
    Then, in an instant, she pointed here forefinger at him and shot a blaze of fire at him. He dodged the flame and coaxed "That's all you got?" Then, all the sudden a spell popped into her head and she herd herself saying "Oh almighty Thor God of Thunder, Hear my call and flash this demon to a cinder of ash send him back to the under world!!!!!!! Gotaka munime kiake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Suddenly, Rose flew up to the ceiling and generated a wicked thunder ball which she threw at the demon. This electrocuting him. He screamed and then he crumpled into a heap on the floor. His body disappeared only leaving his large robe.

16. Karmi

Karmi New Member

The Final Task

Before Rose fell to the ground, she was caught by the griffins. By the time she was brought back to the royal hall she was awake.
    “Now for the final task!” exclaimed King Raiden
    "What is the final task?" asked Rose softly
    "You must beat me in a battle. he chuckled, You must
    make me fall, in order to win. Guards! he ordered, Fetch me my rod, and the chosen one, a glass of strawberry nectar. They came back holding a beautiful ruby scepter and a glass filled with a pinkish liquid. Rose lifted the glass to her lips and tasted the liquid. It was delicious in her opinion. She finished it quickly and gave the glass back to the guard saying thank you.

17. Karmi

Karmi New Member

"Well now, are you ready my dear?" asked King Raiden.
    "I believe so." Rose replied.
    "So let the battle begin! roared the crowd. DEUL!!!!!!!!!!!"
    King Raiden lifted his rod ready to strike, but before he could, Rose had moved out of its way. As Rose flew into the air King Raiden muttered; “Oh Holy salamander lord of flame, bond with my hands to create sacred flames!” Then, suddenly, balls of flame shot from his hands, trying to hit Rose who nimbly dodged them. Think, fire is weak against water, so a water shield! Then she shouted; “Oh Witch of the sea who makes thy water ripple, bless me, Rose, with a refreshing aura!!!!!” Out of thin air, a blue bubble surrounded Rose and the next fireball that struck, disintegrated.
    Then before the king could stop himself, he sent out his last fireball which Rose counter spelled back to him as he was resting, so he couldn't block it. He fell to the floor. Rose came down to the floor, her aura leaving her. She bent down and helped King Raiden get on to his feet.
    “You have done." it he whispered "Congratulations.”

18. Karmi

Karmi New Member

The Receiving

The crowd cheered as Rose stood up. Many of them threw flowers and beautiful silk straps. Rose picked them all up and raised her hands to show them her thanks. What a wonderful feeling she thought absolutely wonderful.
    The next day Rose had to get her mothers weapons and memories. "I can't wait!" she said excitedly to Quinn as she was helping her dress.
    "You'll be happy with it" said Quinn "That should do the trick!" she said happily tying on the bow around her waste. "Lets be off!"

19. Karmi

Karmi New Member

They chattered as they were walking down the corridors to the room where the weapons would be granted to Rose, along with her mothers memory.
    When they got, there King Raiden greeted them and welcomed them inside. "Now sit down here as I unlock the chest and get ready to perform the ritual" he said as he was closing the heavy oak door. Suddenly, the room turned dark. Rose was a bit frightened by this atmosphere, but stayed calm. Then, the king took a simply shaped key out of his pocket. The key had a straight barrel and an oval shaped red jewel at it's head. Then, King Raiden spoke in a strong voice these words: "Oh great five Gods of light, allow the power of this BloodRuby to open this chest of precious gifts to allow the to take what they wish. Open this unbreakable seal under my command!" Then, out of thin air, a ghostly man appeared.

20. Karmi

Karmi New Member

"Ah! King Raiden! What a pleasant surprise! Do you wish me to open the chest?"
    "Yes Soudo" said the king
    Then the figure disappeared and the chest was opened. The king motioned them over and lifted the lid. Inside it was a ruby colored dress with five symbols on it. There was also a jeweled scepter with a huge ruby at the top, and the last thing there was a scroll with writing on it.
    "You will learn to use these weapons well once the memory is bestowed upon you" said King Raiden. "Now pick up that piece of parchment and read it to yourself. Tell me when you are finished."