Eirtaku Nadesico Boxset

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kimurin, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Kimurin

Kimurin New Member

Been reading this forum off and on for a while, never saw the need to post anythin but. Figured some of ye might have use of this though.

I got the Eva boxset off cdwow.ie a few months back after I saw it pointed out somewhere, and tonight I was just browsin around on the web (as you do y'know), and ended up at cdwow again. Put the first anime (well, third, but Azumanga and Galaxy Angel ain't been released yet) that came to mind into the search box, and whaddo ya know, CDwow just happens to have the boxset, and pretty damn cheap too (compared to getting it in Dublin for 35 quid a disc).

Thought this'd be handy in case there're people here who have access to a laser but not a credit card.

If you don't care/have the series already, here is a slightly disturbing picture of a human/cat hybrid for you to enjoy, hopefully making the thread not completely worthless.

Attached Files:

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

rofl567890

3. CuLT

CuLT New Member

Sweet jeebus but that's a nice find there Kimurin, thnx, Nadesico is my fav series :D .

I couldn't afford the amazon price atm, but 65 is much more attainable.

4. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

i watched a bit of it, when i was first getting into anime but wasn't too impressed. maybe now I'd be able to get into it more... or maybe I just don't like it

find out last week on another channel

5. CuLT

CuLT New Member

I doubt there's too many people who'd like Excel Saga as a first anime either :) , it's a similar thing with Nadesico I think, you have to have seen a bit of anime to find the in-jokes funny.
    Or maybe you just don't like it :p .

6. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

heh, well excel saga was just abstract craziness .. what 2 eps I saw of it..

i imagine puni puni poemi is a tad stranger than excel so I won't base my judgement on that, but from what I remember of nadesico even now.. I don't think I'd be a huge fan

I think I'd watch it, and maybe enjoy it but I wouldn't touch myself at night thinking about any of the characters

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Nadesico was the first anime series i saw and i loved every bit of it. Some part's i was on the floor laughing at it. It's still one of my favorite anime's.

Now if i could only get my hand's on the bloody movie.

8. Samia

Samia New Member

Hah!Well excel saga was the first anime I ever saw...I was a little confused at first but then I got use to the crazy stuff :anime:

9. CuLT

CuLT New Member

I bought the DVD a few weeks ago :D , Christmas is a magical time....

And puni puni poemi was excel saga episode 26 with a few differnet characters :p . (gross exaggeration)

10. Kimurin

Kimurin New Member

Movie's supposed to be comin out on Feb 16th if ADV are to be believed.

11. MrNewtype

MrNewtype New Member

Nadesico Movie

The movie is pretty bad actually. Its short, full of CG, half of it is spent reassembling the crew, the baddies are a bit rubbish, it takes itself too seriously, Akito is an emotionless shell (torture or something) and so on so forth.

12. ThirdChild

ThirdChild New Member

I'd be wary of CDWOW, I ordered both Evangelion movies from them cos they were cheap at €15 a pop, but then when I got them, I found to my abject horror, that they had sent me the R4 versions, and not the R2, suffice to say I was a tad unhappy cos I couldn't watch them :(

13. CuLT

CuLT New Member

/me blinks

FULL of CG? I can't remember any particular CG offhand, it doesn't stand out in my mind. Plus, nothing wrong with cg.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if there'll be a prequel to the movie made, plenty of exploration space there imo.

14. MrNewtype

MrNewtype New Member

CG was present with the Gravity weapons mostly. It's been a while since I've seen it. IMO CG detracts from anime unless it is utterly sublte (the 'rotation' scene in the first ep of FLCL comes to mind). CG like that in Gundam Seed, for example, just looks horrible. There is no consistency between the 3D objects and the 2D backdrops and co-objects. In that vain, I felt that the CG in the Nadesico film was too obvious and was a negative aspect for me.

15. Kimurin

Kimurin New Member

Step 1: Acquire Macross Zero.
    Step 2: Watch Macross Zero.
    Step 3: Pick jaw off floor.
    Step 4: Sing praises of CG in anime forevermore.

I agree that CG can look total shite and can really detract from an anime, but god damn if it can't be absolutely stunning too. It's like everything else, 90% of it is total shite, and the other 10% is good.

Edit: Boxset having arrived this morning I can tell ye that it is indeed region 2.

16. CuLT

CuLT New Member

Hmm, you took the words outta my mouth on Macross Zero there Kimurin.

17. CuLT

CuLT New Member

/me falls over and dies

ITS GONE! CDWOW = BAKA!!!!!!111!!!

Even EVA's gone. Feckers. ABSOLÚT FECKERS.

18. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

19. Kimurin

Kimurin New Member

They still have the BGC 2040 boxset up though, I don't think that's been released here yet. If not, it'll probably get it taken off in a day or two.. bloody BPI bastards, buggered up the chance of any more cheap boxsets via laser :mad: :mad:

20. CuLT

CuLT New Member

/me shakes fist at authority he can never hope to change...... within the next few months.