Square Enix Necron, Hahaha!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Starr, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Starr

Starr New Member

What was the point of necron, in FFIX, i fought he was just a waste of pixels .. and time!

What was up with that, u beat Kuja, then the god of gaia comes, and he chats away, being the god and all, he acts all big headed, 20 minutes later, you kill him, now wat the hell was that, he had no use in the game, but to come up with some really rubish one liners, lol, now who else agrees? cus to me, hes a waste, feel free to disagree, im interested in listenning on what u have to say. :)

2. Novus

Novus Gone

It took you 20 min to kill that loser?
    Necron was the worst last boss I have ever seen in my 14-year history of gaming. It's just totally out of nowhere: you beat the villain who was threatening all existence, and then suddenly you have to fight some no-name brand pseudovillain. It's not like beating Necron was even a challenge ... it was easier than Kuja. I think Squaresoft just wanted to stick in the Yoda quote for the sake of their ILM partners on that game.

3. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Final Fantasy 8 bothered me like that. I mean, sure, you hear the name of the final boss a few times, and hear ABOUT it, but then you fight this boss you've never seen before. I thought there could have been much better last bosses. Same for FFX, except that that fight was so pitifully easy.

Necron was easy unless he did that one move of his, Grand Cross, the really huge one that would kill off most of my characters. :p Sometimes I've gotten lucky and he hasn't done it, and then it's a total cakewalk once you get someone in Trance. Apparently if you use a tent on him and it works, you can also cripple Necron badly.

4. Starr

Starr New Member

But my main point was that he had no reason to actually come into the game, the point of him being easy was also another thing, but his pure existence sucked, he had no reason to even look at that game, and kuja turning good, the first bad guy to turn good! its necron, as soon as u see his waste of time face, everything goes wrong, exept the ending, kuja turning good, et etc, well, thats all really, but necron, he had no point to come to the game at all.

5. Novus

Novus Gone

Two Issues

I will deal with femme_fatale first.
    Grand Cross is an easy move to circumvent. Just equip the characters with abilities that prevent status effects and it's completely useless against them.

Now, Starr ...
    First, I'm assuming you mean Kuja was the first villain in a Final Fantasy game to turn good. I will have to refer you, however, to a certain Garland from Final Fantasy for the NES. He began as a hero in the whole backstory thing, then got possessed by Chaos (a last boss who actually made sense), only to get restored to his good self at the end when Chaos was eliminated from the time continuum and the world was restored to the way things were at the start of the game. Also, Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy V for the SNES/PSX. He started off serving the villains, but kind of cracked near the end. There was also General Leo from Final Fantasy VI, again SNES/PSX. He couldn't stand all the crap the Empire was making him do, so he went against it, and, in a quite dramatic moment, died for his decision. I'm sure there's probably someone like that in the other games as well. It's a common theme in the whole fantasy-epic genre.

6. Starr

Starr New Member

I guess the others did, but ill have to disagree with general Leo, the empire wasnt evil at the beggining, it was kefka who was evil, general Leo was just part of the empire, then left, he was always good, he left cus he noticed that the empire was turning evil, so really, general Leo, was always a good guy, in my oppion

7. Novus

Novus Gone

Evil by association, I say. Just because he chose to turn a blind eye to the plight of the world doesn't make him a hero. Like if I knew that my boss was embezzling money from the company, but I didn't tell anyone because I was afraid for my job, or I knew that my father was a serial killer but didn't turn him in because he was family, that'd be essentially the same thing.

But, I digress. Back to Necron ...

8. Starr

Starr New Member

lol, forgot all about him, lol, ok, i guess ur right :( lol
    but anyways, necron, was a waste of time, and wat was with all the screaming in the music, lol, its like the worst piece of music squaresoft have ever put on ff, in all history

9. Novus

Novus Gone

I'm assuming those noises in the background were supposed to be screams, but to me they just sounded like cats meowing. Of course, that's also what the crows in The Birds reminded me of, and the noise I picture when one of my profs is rambling on ... Maybe it's just me.

10. Starr

Starr New Member

lol, cats meowing, now, i may of been wrong with the screaming, but its definatly people moaning, lol, cats meowing, id like to hear that, another thing wrong with him is that blue cross, or wateva its called, i forgot, but its a move that takes really long, i sit there waiting for it to end, and u end up killing him really easy :)

11. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

WORST BOSS MUSIC EVER. Weird techno and "meowing cats", as Novus said. What a way to create a mood of desperation. Unless that's the desperation for your ears to begin to fail immediately.

12. Novus

Novus Gone

Maybe if you really hate cats? Or if they were really ill-tempered ones? Or they had that bladder infection my cat had that makes them pee everywhere?

13. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

"Final Fantasy 12's last boss: Evil Bladder Cat. Three forms of devastation."

That really would not surprise me.

14. Starr

Starr New Member

lol, owwwkay.
    And another thing, if hes the creater and bringer of gaia, why is he so weak, if he can take away gaia anytime he wants, why can u easily beat him, lol, hes just too weak to me, they coulda at least made him a tad hard, at least some difficultie

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You want a challenge, go try your luck with Ozma. ^^

Sure, Necron is easy when you know he's coming, are at high levels, and equip all the status blockers, but try him unawares and grand cross can really cripple you.

I agree he was a complete waste of space, though. Kuja's battle shoulda been the last one, but FF seems to have this need to chain at least 3 boss fights one after another in many of their games...

Re: The Empire of FF6. More than Kefka were "bad guys". Gestahl sure as heck was planning some nasty things with the Espers before being double-crossed, and he was Emperor.

A little iffy on the Garland bit, however, still going by the original NES translation I got (haven't finished the PSX re-release yet). The ending is that the Light Warriors take out the Chaos that Garland becomes, causing a paradox in time which sends them back to the beginning of their journey again (which explains why the four appeared from seemingly nowhere). He's the opposite example - a good character who turned bad.

For the bad turned good again, there are plenty of "possessed" characters in FF history. Immediately to mind are Kain, who is controlled by Golbez, who in turn is controlled by Zeromus. And of course Queen Ugly- er, I mean Brahne...

16. Starr

Starr New Member

Ozma, i dont know who he is, but sure sounds like a hard person, lol, could yah rpely on who he is please

another thing bad about him was his design, in my oppion he isnt very well set out, his arms are stuck to his chest, and he actually has a human shaped body, he bringeth, and he taketh, but he has a human shaped body, you woulda fought square coulda came up with some foul saliva dribbling beast or something, lol :)

17. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Heh, Ozma is FFIX's answer to the Weapons of FFVII. It's a swirling ball of doom, and the toughest fight you can find in that game.

If you dare, take your Chocobo up to the Flying Island (ala Dead Pepper) and examine the gravestone there. It will trigger the fight. But be ready for some evil attacks.

18. Starr

Starr New Member

lol, if i dare :D
    Okies, ill try that, any advice for a travvelor for me? any weaknesses for anything, or any certain ways to kill him, or should i just go fight him, and see how i do :D

19. Novus

Novus Gone

You know, I've beat that game four times now, and I never even knew about that. I'll have to try that out.

20. Bau

Bau New Member

Ozma eh?
    well in fact Ozma actually has LESS HP then necron.
    the only thing is puting up with curse...
    doomsday? HA what a pathetic eccus for an attack. Heal me and kill you.
    ok there ozma if you REALLY want.
    anyway if you want to kill it equip egoist armlets and what not.

its a fun battle but it can get REALLY annoying it took me 30 minites to kill it.
    and the rewards arn't that great.

"players guide"
    "ozma card" (but you can get that in memeoria) o well
    and a pumice piece or pumice i can't remember...

OH in regaurds to FF5 gilamesh yeah he DOES become good BUT he ends up killing himself anyway. so whatever.

Necron was more annoying then deadly. But a really easy battle.
    also did you notice that Kuja gets stronger as you level up?
    i don't know he seemed to do more DMG to me if i was lv. 99 as apposed to lv. 55 (a normal LV.)

anyway...thats all i think...