Movies Need some info please!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Unorgani Kumtxi, Sep 23, 2002.

1. I am into the anime horror, slasher, thriller type movies but I am at a stand still. I just recently got into anime horror as oposed to non-animated. Though I have found the fallowing films to watch I feel I have over looked some greats and just can't find them out there. I have found and own...

Mystery of The Necronomicon 1,2,3, & 4 (a bit perved but good)(not that I would ever knock good 'o harmless perversion)
    Blood: The Last Vampire (awsome and god the beautiful drawing, but too short. I think there might maybe be more of them?)
    Vimpire Hunter D (kick a** instant classic)
    Vimpire Hunter D: Blood Lust (exceptional sequal to a kick a** instant classic)
    Perfect Blue (My personal fav. and absolute recomendation, hard to fallow for some so don't look away or you might get confussed)

But these are all i can find that are not about a bunch of sex crazed demon robot defacto millitant alien morphing super kids and their save-the-world-from-impending-doom "believable" situation w/the help of their pet (whatever) and a group of friends that could no more save the world then they could, oh lets say, destroy the teletubies and bob the builder child brainwashing goverment implemented television programing.

Can anyone not offended by the above statement point me in the right direction w/ some names of some other horror, slasher, triller type anime movies more geared for adults without the sex crap (unless the sex crap is not over powering the story and making it suck like in La Blue Girl) Thank you in advance. Pardon my spelling mistakes. (i suck) lol

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, I don't know many horror/slasher anime that you haven't already mentioned...but I'd say eva'd be good to see. Since you don't like the "saving the world" schtick...just watch the End of Evangelion movie and go on a mind trip.

Asuka goes on enough of a rampage to be considered "slasher" and some of the effects are pretty disturbing (to me, anyway)

3. Thank you. Any help is help. ;)