Neon Genesis Evangelion Neon Genesis Evangelion

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Cloud, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I've just started reading the manga novelisation by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (I think) of Gainax, it seems to lack something though but maybe that's after seeing the original anime (and it is a anime to manga transition - not a manga to anime).

Any comments?

John.
    --

2. bugs

bugs Guest

I'm guessing you got that in forbidden planet , i think you can get the original manga series on the net , planetanime or somewhere. Couldnt tell you if its translated but i read a fan-translated olume of it on the net and wasnt all that impressed but then the anime didn't hold my attention all that well anyway.

Hold on for a while as someone (no one knows yet but it has happened) has bought the rights to the berserk manga to be distributed in english speaking countries and from reading bits and pieces of that and watching the genius anime i'll be getting my hands on all the volumes.

3. Shinji

Shinji New Member

Mmmmm, I really liked Sadamoto's adaptation actually; it added a fair bit of breadth to some of the characters that wasn't present in the series itself.

Currently totally hooked on Cowboy Bebop. God DAMN that series rocks, it's even got me listening to jazz and blues... [​IMG]

4. bugs

bugs Guest

Have to have your priorities in order , you've got your intelligent anime (evangelion and lain) and you also have got to have your loud mouthed, violent anime , ala berserk and *******.... ahhh *******, such fond memories of constant vulgarity and the whole weirdo love triangle of a man who is a boy who both love a girl.

Coff, come to think of it, have a look at angel sanctuary , a boy.. who loves his sister , in the physical sense as well , after a while :p

5. Shinji

Shinji New Member

... and then you need your completely insane and on large amounts of crack anime, like Photon [​IMG]

6. YokoburiKinura

I'm really loving the Eva manga; Sadamoto is my hero [​IMG]!!! I've only got Books 1 and 4, and I've got the first two issues of Book 5 - looks like Sadamoto's leaving out a lot of battles, but I love some of the different things he's doing with the characters. For Book 4, I say, read the manga up to the last battle, then go watch the battle in Ep 9, then return to the book - kinda doing a hybrid thing there helps you appreciate the advantages of both media. Even more than the differences in plot and character's, Sadamoto's art in the manga is just so gorgeous I can't get enough. Oh, Book 6 has come out in Japan already, so we can look forward to Viz keeping us supplied a while!