Computers Network problems

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Lately, I've had a few problems with my wireless network. It disconnects on me while I'm not using the computer, and sometimes when I am! Now, normally, this wouldn't be as much of a problem, but I have several large downloads (5:4+gigs, 2:1+gigs, 1:400megs) going on in the background, and each time I get logged off, I have to reboot, and re-open all the torrent files. I can't figure out how to fix it without having to reboot. I don't think it's the fault of the downloads, because it's done this while I wasn't downloading anything, as well.

But, when I go in to view the available wireless networks, it says none are in range. Here's a screenshot of what it normally looks like. I don't have one of when I'm disconnected, but it says, basically, that it cannot find any wireless networks in range.

I'm hoping I'm making sense, and that you guys can help me fix this.

(Also, as one attempt, I changed my power scheme from "Energy Star" to "Always On" and it seemed to work, until this morning, when I got disconnected again)

My other idea was to cut down on the number of downloads, but I have yet to see any results on that.

This random disconnecting is getting frustrating, though. =/

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Have you checked how long range your wireless network can handle?

- Teddz

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

The distance couldn't be more than 20 meters. And that's the outside figure. And I can't find a single mention on the box the thing came in that says the range. But it's not really all that far away. And, this whole thing has been only recently. It was fine for a month or so, and then it suddenly started happening.

The only thing I can think of is maybe I'm putting too much stress on the network by downloading too much at once, or something.