Art Never End - Manga by Superfly

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Superfly, Jun 14, 2003.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Stalk, talk, live in his closet or watch him when he sleeps. Anyway possible to talk to this guy ;)

so when is the next page coming up for your comic S-fly

2. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

I'm still doing some sketches for different views...
    though, in the next page, the monk will actually introduce himself properly......
    I also made a little sketch on Armane's special movecalled "Shark Attack"...
    [​IMG]

3. Influences

Influences New Member

what is the thing in the back of his motions trail at the right of the picture? I cant tell what it is supposed to be I like the motion look

4. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

OK i can make a big spoiler out of this picture explaining what it means...
    In a few pages, the trio will rest at a lakeside - river - waterfall where the monk will take his cleansing ritual under the waterfall.. he'll notice a young man sitting on a rock, staring ahead of him, who suddenly leaps off his rock, over the lake, and crashes into a tree....
    Ok so he was training this attack you see here, and the thing you see back there is the rock he's jumping from. The attack uses the full strength of his leg muscles, and shattered the rock.
    Using this attack multiple times in a row might result in damaging of the bones...

5. Influences

Influences New Member

ohhh I likes the ways you thinkin heh I get it now..whjy would he wanna learn an attack that would harm his bones is it the only way to defeat a guy or something?

6. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Well it won't harm if he uses it like only a few times in a row...
    In close combat he can use it to flee the crowd...
    lol well i'm not going to give away more details, the attack isn't that bad for him... his leg muscles are well-trained for such energetic explosions...
    :)

7. Fushigi Rockna

Oh god...

'I cna see my house form here!'

*falls over and laughs so hard her stomach hurts*

Oh god, who've got talent! You and Misao are awesome!

Spekaing of which...

Misao you and him are EQUAL! EQUAL I SAY! He can draw Shonen, you can draw shoujo! YOU'RE EQUAL!!!!!! T_T

Can I be a pupil of your both? I'LL WORK HARD OH GREAT SENSEIS!!!!

Ahem....

Uh anyways... damn I 've been thinking abotu starting a comic too... but my style is too simple and stechky-ish. T_T someone once suggested I do a cute little manga, (ya know a bit like Digi Charat or soemthing liek that).... YOU WAIT! SOME DAY I'LL BE AS GOOD AS YOU!!!!

8. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

:sweat2:

I'm not THAT good...
    lol it's amazing that such an old-school joke still works these days
    :D i can see my house from here........ only came up with that the last minute!!
    :p

9. nelo_wolf

nelo_wolf New Member

lmfao fly , i thought u mad ethat last second lmao , anyways ... dude when r we gonan do them colabs man ? make up some friggin time ! lol

10. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

really good manga and your drawing is great..
    keep it up and show us more:D ..

11. Fushigi Rockna

Oh yes you are.
    You'd be VERY surprised. :D

Good mgod I'm beocming like Neph. :p

12. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

DEAD!!!>... I'M COMPLETELY DEAD>>>>!!!!!!..... *sigh*.....
    *grabs superfly and shakes him*... I"M DEAD!!!!!!!!... u kILLED ME >.< ^______________^........

*still dead*..... T_T... *looks at superfly....*.....................
    *EAT ME UP!!! I WANNA BE IN UR SYSTEM * puauahahhaahhaha

.... ^___^;;..... am i going crazy?? o_O.. T_T>..... of course.... u draw sooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooood... not goood
    .... it is soooooooooooooo great amazingly great awesome... no words to explain it... T_T... I N V U SOOOOOOO badly...

EAT ME EAT ME EAT ME!!!!!!!! lol..... >.<

*sigh*....... *stands in her dark lil corner drawing her crappy lil circles.... *.......

U R DA BEST!!!!!

and so is sakuragi.....

AHHHHH>>>>.......... *dies*

~misao

13. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

:sweat: :blush2:

Now we need a hug emoticon...
    :)

14. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Jeez, why don't I have "fans" like that for my own art? :( Probably cuz... our scanner is broken... I can't even show my artwork! :anger:

Anyways, Superfly, I was checking out that site you showed us (Shonen's) and yeah, it's great too. Those chibified personas are pretty nuts.

15. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Yeah his art and chibi's are shazzy though there's oly one bad aspect of his comic:
    he always points things out too many times...
    :(

TO THOSE INTERESTED I gave the site a new layout, I like it better though I might make the title frame smaller...
    I've also inserted a counter but due the fact it only got installed just now the counter has been set to zero!
    :(
    I'll also add in a links page very soon... those who are willing to do an exchange of banners, please PM me or send me an e-mail...
    You can also reply in this topic!
    :D

16. nelo_wolf

nelo_wolf New Member

damnit fly on the day u finally have time for some colabs i dont feal liek drawing ARGH , you have the worst timing man ^^;; lol guess we gotta plan it out .....
    gah as for my mangas .. not coming out anytime soon XD lol
    ... we could try opencanvas , but we bothknow how lazy we are x_X
    anyways great start on the manga man ^^

17. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

keep up the good work :) I'd like to see this on sale in stores, ya know? someone in my university anime club has a manga, but yours are 4000 000 000 000 times better. The detail you give to clothes and facial expressions are outstanding and I really like how you incorporate the chibi-humour. The only thning lacking in it is neko ears. mwa ha ha.. great stuff :)

18. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Neko ears? Even you should know they're elven ears...
    I feel insulted! You have insulted my favorite things to draw!
    :anger:

:bleed2:

Anger ain't healthy for me...

(j/k about the whole angry thing, but seriously, they're not neko ears... I like elves alot and I've been drawing them ever since I started drawing manga)

OK YOU CAN NOW LINK TO MY SITE AND I'LL LINK BACK TO YOURS! Also I'd like if people would vote for my site in some search engine, just go to my newly added links page to find out more...

19. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I knew that the character were elves
    So could you give us a summary to your story, cuz Im dieing to know whats up with the monk dude

20. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Ok well it wouldn't hurt, though, the monk is NOT the main character... he's part of that group but he's not the most important person. I decided to start off with him since I wanted to keep the main character a bit unknown for a little while...

So I'll tell you about the monk:
    his name is Quil, he's like 27 years old, and obviously, he's a monk. Long time, he served under his sacred order who lived for the well-being of mankind. They were rather peasants, working for those who were needing.
    They also specialized themselves in divine healing. They could access these powers through their spiritual energy we know as Ki (or Chi).
    Though, young Quil was curious and rather tempted to experiment with these powers, and figured a reversed technique of the healing spell would result in energy draining and eventually death.
    So he started practicing his dark practics in secret on rats and other rodents. On a sidenote, he even used a different arm (his right one) to make sure the spell would be reversed... His left arm was brimming with positive Ki, while his right arm was growing stronger with a flow of negative Ki...
    After a while, Quil was tempted to try his powers on greater animals, cows, dogs, sheep, and eventually... men.
    Several were killed by his doing, and after he was discovered, he was put to trial, not executed since even the angered monks were not to be found for human slaughter. Therfore, Quil had to take a vow of silence so he would never speak the dark spells again.
    He even ignored THAT, and so, as a punishment, his mouth was partially stitched closed. Then he was put to sleep and they lefthim behind in a forsaken forest, exelled from his Order...

Ok that would be his story..
    :D