New "Battle of the Planets" comic projects!

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

This month, a "Battle of the Planets" artbook by Alex Ross will be released. In October, issue #1 of a black-and-white three-issue arc, "Battle of the Planets: Princess," will be in stores.

Make sure you check them out! Good sales for these could bring new life to the now-dead regular series. Can you say Phoenix, people? :)

2. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Hehehe! Chapters.indigo here in Canada is already taking pre-orders for the art book, as is amazon.co.uk

Three guesses who's already ordered hers??? :D :D :D

Hey, has anybody else out there had a problem with their graphic novels of the top cow comics (Blood Red Sky, etc)? I have all three, and the first one and the third one the pages started to come out on the first read through! Although the second one didn't. Strange........

I loved the comics, but I'm sorry, Jason would NEVER do that at the end!! I just didn't beleive it. No way, no how. I'm choosing to believe that it's part of some complicated plan, but that's just me.

("Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so Brain, but where are we going to get neon pink tights and 10 pounds of liverwurst at this time of night?")
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

Did I mention that I'm a bit strange......? LOL!!!!!!!

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Yeah, I didn't like the ending with Jason, either. I like Munier and defended his writing when he was meliciously attacked on other message boards, but I really didn't like that...especially in the last issue of a series. It puts a bad taste in my mouth as far as the Jason character is concerned.

4. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

He had to, Mark, it was the only way he could get away from that car...

Especialy after the computers in it started playing up, that and the alarm going off at 0400 and waking the entire street.

5. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Actually, what it really was is 7-Zark-7 kept pumping in the "G-Force: Guardians of Space" back beat noise into the car, and it drove Jason crazy.

6. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

LOL guess im the lone G-Force fan around these here boards eh? :cool:

7. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Hehehe! Don't sweat it, Dirk. The only G-Force ones that I have seen are the ones on the Rhino dvd's, and I have to admit I like them, too.

Then again, what other series has so many very different verisons of itself???? :confused: :confused: I kind of have a soft spot for all of them, maybe because they're all so different! :rolleyes:

8. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

<Nods>

Its either that or he finally realised his actions were free and not dictated by Joe...NO MORE HEADACHES

9. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

SPOILER ALERT:

Maybe that's why it bothers me soooo much! This version of Jason is an american Joe, and let's face it, he'd rather do a one and a half nose dive off of the top of the ISO building in his civies rather than defect!!

Besides, I agree with Mark, it left a bad feeling for me about Jason, and that bugs the heck out of me too because he's my favourite, in case you hadn't guessed!! When I was a kid, Mark was my hero because I was having such a crappy childhood that I needed to hear someone say "Look, if you keep to what you know is right and keep at it then things will work out, no matter what." Looking back now, I think I needed that reassurance. Now that I'm not a scared little kid anymore, I like the fact that Jason is always telling Mark off and bucking the trend.

Hmmm, makes me wonder who will be my favorite in another 20 years..........! If it's Zoltar will somebody please shoot me at that point and put me out of my misery?? ;) ;)

Hahaha!!!!!!

10. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Youll be old and grey and dating Anderson by then?

11. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

You know, that never occured to me!!!!!!!! Please excuse me, I'm going to jump off the roof of my house now..............! ;) ;)

12. Wonderpants

Wonderpants New Member

I do. :(
    I brought Trial by Fire off ebay, and a number of the pages immediately started working loose. I then brought Blood Red Sky from Forbidden Planet after checking it for loose pages, and it's been fine. But I then brought Destroy All Monsters a few days ago after checking it too, only for the loose page thing to happen again! :mad:
    Can you get a replacement copy from the publishers?

13. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

I've no idea. Heck, I never even thought of that!! I'll have to look up the address of the publisher and drop them a note or something.

Thanks for the idea, Wonderpants!!! :cool: :cool: