Television New Dr Who Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kain, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I'm not sure if this has been shown anywere other then the UK and Ireland, but its still worth a shot.
    Has anyone seen this new series, i'm actually surprised that its this good. I think the new Doctor is both misterious and funny. And Billi Piper is not a bad actress either (i think she was the one i had the most douts about). For anyone who can see it its on BBC1 at 7pm Saturdays, i recommend that you watch it, even if you haven't seen any previous Doctor Who series (hell i haven't and i love it).

2. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I keep forgeting to watch it. I caught the end credits last week @_@ maybe this week i will remmber.

Weird that the actor playng the Doctor decided not to do any more after the 1st season.
    i didn't think he looked right from the trailers but I need to see it properly.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

He's actually really good. Its a pity that he is quiting, but hes afraid that he will be typecast as Dr Who for the rest of his career. To be honest i don't think he would be typecast after just one season, and he is really good at the role, its going to be weird when a new person come in next year.

4. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

As much as I love Doctor Who, I've yet to see this season. A friend of mine is taping it, though, so I can perhaps borrow it from him at a later date.

1 person likes this.
  5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Ah new Dr Who, it's a pity that there aren't a single swedish cable provider showing the SciFi channel.

The hate.

- Teddz

6. Teddz

Currently up to episode 6 - "Dalek".

Must say that I was disappointed with that episode. Sure, it was a great "OMFG WOOTAGE BBQ!!!111onesoneseleven!!!11one!!!2#"!#!!" moment when you could see the mask of the cybermen, but overall, the story was rather lame too. Must say the episode is "the current worse episode ever" up to date.

And not mention the two parts of "Aliens in London" and "World War III". They were not so great, but not as worse as "The unquiet dead".

Overall, I am somewhat pleased over the show. But I really hope that the show would be much better after "Long game".

- Teddz

" FANTASTIC! "

1 person likes this.
  7. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

it's started over here too. they played all the older episodes. frankly i can't say i had huge expectations. the original is funny 'cause its so pathetic. the new series is kinda in limbo, its bade, but not bad enough. ^_^

8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

The series finale is next week, and i'm SO looking forward to it. Its really looking cool and there was a small teaser about:
    How did the Dalick's survive the Time War?
    I wanna see it now :glazed: .

9. Teddz

OMFG HOW IN THE NAME OF?!??!11111oneoneones

Gawd, the is going so slow, well, "online wise" :(

- Teddz

"EXTERMINATE"

10. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

And now Billy Piper is leaving as female sidekick about 3 eps into the 2nd series.

Ive never seriously watched this, I relised I really dont like either of those two. I think the Doctor has to be eccentric and not just like a normal bloke like Eccleston plays him. Hope the new Doctor is more like that. And Piper, well never could stick her.

11. Teddz

Apparently Jennifer ellison is going take over the role.

(God no)

- teddz

12. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

Please not that scally bimb. The Forehead @_@ The Accent 0_o only Brits will be able to understand her.. she'll have to be subbed or dubbed ^_^

what monster will be able to compete with her?

1 person likes this.
  13. Teddz

I'd say the Daleks or maybe the Slithleen.

But yeah, apparently, she is so "wanting" to have the role. I am actually surprised that Billie decided to leave Dr Who, she is doing a good job as Rose though.

- Teddz

14. Teddz

Ok, my bad. Apparently Billie Piper IS on the second Season. Hopefully she and David Tennat (the new Doctor) can become as successful as her and Eccelston.

- teddz

15. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

The new series ended here last night, there where some mixed feelings about the ending. I thought that it was alright but it could have been better. I had acually grown quite use to Eccelston as the Doctor, he was able to portray the darker side of the Doctor very well (while the funnier side i thought was a little dopy at times), but i think thats the same with all the actors who have played the doctor, their usually only able to play one side of his personality the best. I'm looking forward to the Christmas specia to see how the new doctor preforms.

One last thing
    does anyone know where i can find out about the Timewar that killed the other Timelords? i don't know if it was in a book or made into a show, either way i want to find out what happened.

16. Teddz

Eccelston is probably one of the coolest doctors ever. He was awesome, and I feel really upset that he left the show. Hopefully Tennant will be fine with his role as the doctor, but he won't be able be the doctor Eccelston was.

As for your question, I don't think there is one...although there were rumours that Dr Who will become a big screen movie, hint hint - Hitchhikers guide.

But your favorite episode of the first season?

Mine has to be the the Empty Child & Doctor Dances episodes along with Father's day, which was touching. Really touching.

- Teddz

17. Teddz

Finished viewing "The Partying of ways". Medicore episode really, I had expected more actually.

Weird, yes. But Tennant will have alot of pressure on him as the new doctor.

- Teddz

18. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think my favorite epsiode was Dalik. Thats the first time in the whole series that i really seen the Doctor afraid for his life, and the music really builds the tension when the Dalik first talks.
    The episode before the last of the series had a really good build up to the end but i don't think it was able to kep it in thr last episode.

19. Teddz

Didn't like the Daleks that much though. The episode seemed rather rushed for some reason, but yeah, it was quiet shocking to see the Daleks return. I mean, yes, wohey joy with the daleks returning, but the episode seemed...rushed.

The one before the last episode? As in...The Bad wolf?

20. Teddz

The Doctor is back!

Just saw the christmas invasion, and I must Tennant is an ok Doctor. Somewhat too young, but he's "ok".

Eccelston kicked major ass though...

- Teddz