Television New evening line up 2005

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Basher, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

New evening line up. I guess that is all you can really say for it. Here are a few. If you know any more post.

Bones
    From executive producers Barry Josephson and Hart Hanson comes the darkly amusing drama Bones, inspired by real-life forensic anthropologist and novelist Kathy Reichs. Forensic anthropologist Dr. Temperence Brennan, who works at the Jeffersonian Institution and writes novels as a sideline, has an uncanny ability to read clues left behind in a victim's bones. Consequently, law enforcement calls her in to assist with murder investigations when the remains are so badly decomposed, burned, or destroyed that the standard identification methods are useless. Brennan's equally brilliant colleagues at the Jeffersonian's Medico-Legal Lab include earthy and bawdy Angela Montenegro, who's created a unique way to render an original crime scene in a three-dimensional computer image; Brennan's assistant, Zack Addy, a young prodigy whose genius IQ actually gets in the way of his finishing the several doctorates he's begun; "the bug guy", Dr. Jack Hodgins, who's an expert on insects, spores and minerals, but conspiracy is his hobby; and Brennan's boss, imposing lab director Dr. Daniel Goodman. Brennan often finds herself teamed with Special Agent Seely Booth, a former Army sniper who mistrusts science and scientists when it comes to solving crimes. Brennan and Booth clash both professionally and personally, but so far the chemistry between them has only played out in a fictionalized account in Brennan's lastest mystery novel. *David Boreanaz :drool:*
    Premiers September 13, 2005 on FOX

Rome
    "Rome" is the saga of two ordinary Roman soldiers and their families. An intimate drama of love and betrayal, masters and slaves, and husbands and wives, it chronicles epic times that saw the fall of a republic and the creation of an empire. The series begins in 52 BC, as Gaius Julius Caesar has completed his masterful conquest of Gaul after eight years of war, and is preparing to return to Rome. He heads home with thousands of loyal battle-hardened men, huge amounts of loot in gold and slaves, and a populist agenda for radical social change. Terrified, the aristocracy threatens to prosecute Caesar for war crimes as soon as he sets foot in Rome. Caesar's old friend and mentor, Pompey Magnus, attempts to foment mutiny in order to maintain the balance of power. Two of Caesar's soldiers, Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo, thwart Pompey's plan and in the process, win the eternal gratitude of Caesar and the Julian clan, affording the two plebian officers an intimate view of the ruling class. The fates of Pullo and Vorenus become entwined with those of Caesar, Mark Antony, Cleopatra and the boy Octavian, a strange and awkward child who, by political guile and bloody force, will become the first emperor of Rome.
    Premiers August 28, 2005 on HBO

My name is Earl
    Earl’s life has been full of poor choices and mistakes, but after winning a small lottery jackpot he has an epiphany and vows to change his ways. Upon discovering that he is the holder of a winning ticket, Earl is hit by a car and the ticket blows out of his limp hand as he lies unconscious in the street. While recovering in the hospital and watching television, Earl has a karmic epiphany, thanks to Carson Daly, who attributes his success to doing good for others. A light bulb goes off in Earl’s dim head and he sets out to right every wrong he has done starting with a grade school geek.
    Premiers September 20, 2005

Supernatural
    This series will track Sam (Jared Padalecki), a recent Stanford graduate, who along with his estranged older brother Dean (Jensen Ackles) encounter unusual ghosts and local creatures straight out of American folk lore and urban legends. Crisscrossing the country in their '69 Chevy Impala, they carry on their missing father's quest to seek out and silence the supernatural forces responsible for their mother's murder twenty years ago.
    Premiers September 13, 2005 on WB

Surface
    Surface is an action-adventure drama project from writers-directors Josh and Jonas Pate. The network has greenlighted a pilot from the NBC Universal Television show, which is described to be in the vein of James Cameron's "The Abyss" and revolves around mysterious creatures deep in the ocean. The twin brothers penned the pilot script and are set to direct and executive produce the pilot.

The brothers, who started off in features with "The Grave" and "Deceiver," most recently served as co-executive producers of **** Wolf's short-lived series for ABC, "L.A. Dragnet."

NOTE: The original title of the series was Fathom but was changed after it came to light that the rights to the name were owned by another company.
    Premiers September 19, 2005

Over there
    Over There is about a dramatic show sergeant and his platoon stationed in Iraq and how the lives of their families are affected at home. Theme Song : "Over There" Written & Performed by Chris Gerolmo
    Premiered July 27, 2005

We all know there are more. I think a few of these will be interesting. But I do watch a few shows all ready.

All plots curtsy of www.tv.com .

I like shows that are interesting. I think there will be a few that are. There is just to god damn many. I’ll continue to watch smallville, dead zone, veronica mars, Numb3rs, medium, and lost. I am thinking of picking up a few. Like Bones. And maybe supernatural. I seen a few others that I could like but I forgot there names.