New Final Fantasy Anime

Discussion in 'News' started by That guy!, Sep 9, 2001.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

All the Final Fantasy fans out there will be happy to know that a new Final Fantasy anime is in the works(I just hope it's better than Legend of the Crystals). The animation will be created by Studio GONZO and Yoshikazu Miyao (Turn-A Gundam, Blue Submarine No. 6) will be in charge of Production and Monster Design.

Thegia.com states:
    TV Tokyo has revealed more details on its forthcoming Final Fantasy animated series. To be titled Final Fantasy: Unlimited, the series will begin October 2nd in Japan and air from 6:30 to 7:00.

Like the recent Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within movie, FF: Unlimited will be set on Earth, not in any of the game worlds. It's not yet known whether this will be Earth's past, present, or future, just that the story revolves around a gateway to another world appearing in the ocean near Japan.

Final Fantasy: Unlimited's hero and heroine will be named Wind and Lisa, respectively. The pair is pursuing something called "The Cloud" which - in typical RPG fashion - destroyed Wind's hometown.

It's still not yet known whether Final Fantasy: Unlimited will use computer or cel animation. However, GDH, the studio producing the series, is known for its relatively heavy use of computer graphics, so it's likely that at least some CG effects will be incorporated even if the bulk of the series is cel-animated.

Thanks to tennin for the news.

2. That guy!

A few more details:
    Base Concept: Akitoshi Kawazu (SaGa series)
    General Director: Mahiro Maeda (Blue Submarine No. 6)
    Conductor: Yoshitomo Yonetani (GaoGaiGar, Betterman, Brigadoon, etc.)
    Series Planning: Atsuhiro Tomioka (Pokemon, Vandread)
    Digital Director: Tomohiro Hirata
    Assistant Director: Ken'ichi Takeshita (Devilman)
    Character Design: Carmel-7
    Mechanical Design: Makoto Kobayashi (Gundam)
    Animation Production: GONZO/DIGIMATION (studios)

[​IMG]

I can't wait until the anime comes out..I hope to get it fansubbed [​IMG]

3. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

The character designs looks poor [​IMG]
    but i hope that this anime would be much better that FINAL FANTASY 6 which was the worest series i ever saw [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Phat (edited 09-16-2001).]

4. That guy!

I never kew that there was a Final Fantasy 6 anime out there...it wouldn't surprise me though. Or do you mean the Final Fantasy 5 anime : The Legend of the Crystals? The only part I liked about the dub was the voice acting, the Tenchi voice cast rules [​IMG]

Does anyone know if a Final Fantasy 7 anime exists?, I've only heard rumors.

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Wow.. I never knew that there will be a new final fantasy anime... ohh I just can't wait =^______________^=

6. Digital Tilmitt

Digital Tilmitt New Member

Oh i can't wait either, YAY!

------------------
    The Clow.

7. That guy!

I just watched the first episode Raw(thanks Seraphim for sending it). It was unexpectedly awesome!!

The character animation may not be the best, although Final Fantasy Unlimited makes up for it with the beautiful backgrounds awesome CG and great music by Nobuo Uematsu. Plus the awesome characters (like the black caped dude who's like Vincent Valentine)

The beginning scene was cool enough to pull me in, it started with a fight between Leviathan and Bahamut(or was it Phoenix?).

Well Anyways, I'd reccomend getting FFU. It's everything that people expected out of The Spirits Within(not saying TSW wasn't awesome though).

8. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I have that first ep subbed somewhere around here

-UK

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

the raw was the first one I got all of so far. anyways The computer graphics are very very amazing, even though I did find the character animation slightly lacking some luster.

I found myself drawing that big monster with the eye in my Japanese History class..unsurprisingly it took me 2 seconds to doodle...:p time went to the cg I suppose. Anyways, I'm sure the character design contrast the cg in the show was a conscious decision made by the cool makers and producers.

10. Yuna

Yuna New Member

ahh.. A final fantasy anime! can't wait til I get my hands on it... looks pretty cool [​IMG]... but the graphic... it doesn't look like Tetsuya Nomura's art [​IMG]!!

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

How to get it in Canada?!

------------------
    What was the start of all this?
    When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?
    Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
    From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves.

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under Cerulean skies...

Book of Time, Chrono Cross

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm proud to say I have the first four subbed episodes...just wonder when I'll have time to watch it, but what I have seen of it, its pretty funky. [​IMG]

13. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

OI!!! Great News, I found a site where some of us can download the opening, previews of the episodes, and the ending(credits)...
    Unlimited Final Fantasyenjoy [​IMG]!

[This message has been edited by Skuld (edited 11-29-2001).]

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Episodes 5 and 6 are now available...just have to get the right connection to one of 50 people who have these on winmx...

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Does anyone here know of any sites where we can download the episodes or where can we get the fansubbed?

16. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Poke around the fansubber's site (www.soldats.net)... there should be a link or two somewhere about there in the forums or IRC channel...

BakaMattSu, *warning* they are HUGE and will take quite some time on a 56k...!

17. That guy!

My AMD K6-2 500 mhz, 320 mb ram & more computer can't handle the divx's of these. But the eps are like 180 megs each....

I'm thinkin' the problem may be with Win XP and my driver not being compatible or somethin'

Welll, I'm ravin!
    But I really liked the end credits...the little Chocobo's running around rocked!!