New forum suggestion..

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by chiquitabanana, Jan 27, 2004.

1. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I know we have a japanese forum but alot of us here dont speak japanese or we know some other languages and i think it would be fun and interesting to share them with each other. I know that i am tri-lingual almost quad, and i would like to speak to learn other languages. This may have been suggested before- but im not really sure. Id just like to receive some feedback on what you think of this idea?

~MAGs

2. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

So, you're suggesting a forum for ALL other languages, right? I think it's a good idea.

3. chiquitabanana

yes. thats what im suggesting and like a thread on each language that everyone speaks here. I mean what else is the reason to learn a language than to show off with it to other ppl

4. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

That would be interesting. It could be a sort of cyber classroom or something. I'm learning Korean right now, and it would be fun if a few poeple who knew it well could teach me. There's even a feature in Windows XP that let's people type in Korean (like this: 안녕 하세요 ), as well as other languages.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Hey, I'm some-what fluent in French, so I would enjoy this. Maybe we could have the forums like the RPG one, with all the sub-forum thingys.

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I could take care of the french forum, Since it's my first language.

Considering there's so many languages we'll have to narrow it down to a select few.

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Maybe some of the important languages?
    * Should we add English as well? :p
    * French
    * Japanese
    * Korean maybe
    * German?
    * ooh! And Spanish! *nods for this one*

8. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Well, I know a fair share of German, not that it really means anything. :p I also know some Russian.

I'm also currently enrolled in a Japanese class, again, not that it really means anything.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm all for a language forum. :anime:

9. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Sounds awesome! But why should we have to narrow it down? I mean, seeing all kinds of weird languages is the best part. I propose that we have a languages forum, with a few popular languages as sub-catagories, and the main as a place for all other languages. This way everyone's happy.

Wacha think?

10. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Sounds perfect, UFOtaku. I meant to narrow it down for the amount of subforums, though. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Why Japanese? We already have a Japanese Forum where people ask questions about the language and such. It's either we get rid of that one and merge it with the subforums or leave it there.

11. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Yeah, I was thinking of merging it there.. even though leaving it alone without the language forum will be kind of weird ^^;

But still, we have to see what our admins think first, then we can dream what languages we can have :)

Took me 5 times to write languages right, IF I spelled it right now...

12. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Well, I wouldn't mind. Since I know german, chinese, swedish, english, and some japanese.

I'd say go for it.

- Teddz

13. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Would be most helpfull (Support post, nothing contribuative sorry ^_^ ) seeing as i when i go to Germany i would like to know more than to merely insult them, & again ordering a drink in Spain is about my most usefullness

Theres a Japan forum? I should really click about randomly more often :sweat2:

14. chiquitabanana

I can do Spanish & German (even though im a little ruff around the edges & better at spanish) I was thinking that maybe we should also try to concentrate also on helping people learn the languages with grammar and all that stuff, that was my original idea. We should definitely have a Korean forum as well.

15. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I know a fair amount of French.But I could always use more.This sounds like a semi-cool idea.

16. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

If the vote is passed I reckon a 'European languages' forum will be more suitable. I'm in for the idea. I wouldn't mind fortifying my French and Spanish language skills.

^Shen^

17. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

:anime: "la lengua mas bella" , yay for spanish :)

i also support the motion.

on a different note, please bring back custom avatar request T___T

18. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

...That is the coolest idea ever!! *claps* Kudos to you chiquitabanana.
    Yay for German! I'm pretty fluent, and plan to go to Europe someday soon. After schoolies of course *faints with excitment*

1 person likes this.
  19. chiquitabanana

Well i would like to be a mod if this passes, since it was my idea and i already know some of the languages.