Video Games NEW GAMES FER THE PS2 and X-box disscussion!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Let discuss some new games and what do you all think about them. ((Opinions, predictions, ups, downs))

PS2:
    Xenosaga
    Onimusha 2
    Yamato (the space ship manga/anime)
    Kingdom of Hearts
    Gundam
    Tekken 4
    etc...

X-box:
    Dead or Alive 3
    Jet Set Radio
    Shen mue 2
    etc...

2. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

First, the PS2.
    Xenosaga looks great. It'll be sure to hit my shopping list sooner or later. If Onimusha 2 is even half as good as the original, it'll be at least worth a rental. Kingdom Hearts looks hilarious. It's definitely one I'll have to check out, at least renting, if not purchasing. Disney and Squaresoft ... the kings of American animation and the emperors of Japanese gaming ... who would have seen that coming? I guess it's not too different from the marvel of Super Mario RPG back on the SNES. I don't know enough about the other games to say anything else, but the rest of Tekken is great, so it should be good, I guess.

Now on to the X-Box.
    All I can say is that Dead Or Alive 3 looks sweet. I almost want to buy an X-Box just to play it. I've been a fan since the second installment hit the PS2. I really wish it was on the PS2, though, because then I could afford to pick it up. I only wish I had the money to buy an X-Box and still meet my other obligations and goals ... damn, I need to get another job ...

Anyway, that's enough of my whining for one day. I'll get outta the way now ...

3. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Dead or Alive 3

I wish that there will be a PS2 version. I hate this exclusive and only on this console attitude. Can't we enjoy our games at the consoles we like. I have chosen the PS2, and the main reason I chose it becasue most of my favorite games such as FF10, Tekken4, Onimusha, Xenosaga will be for the PS2. I don't like the shift from console to console. I hope DOA will be released fro the ps2.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Dead or Alive 3

I may coast in and out of here, as I gather insight predictions, or just dust...

DOA3!! Had a chance to meet the evil Xbox at a friends a number of weeks ago, and this one is just amazing...

I remember seeing commercials a while back of two zoned out guys on a couch commenting about it, and how they played it for all its textural wonder...not for anything else...

It has its ups and downs. First off, the visuals are breathtaking...smoother and more finely detailed than I've ever seen...mindblowing. From a snowy ridge to a full-fledged electric-fence-rigged arena, you fight in fully mapped areas... Heck, you can toss people off cliffs, and then jump down to fight them once they land... the environment is wonderful.

The downside is that gameplay really doesn't match up. It's fast. It's furious. The styles range from Ninjitsu to Drunken Boxing to Wrestling, but when it comes down to it, no moves really stand out like I prefer, and it becomes a blow trade off kind of game.

Bottom line - It's worth a look, most definately cutting-edge, and very good. Just not one to really get into for a long running, because once the oohs and ahs subside, its just your average fighter...

8/10

"A BakaMattSu Review"
    -----------------------
    Fact: More roses are grown in Texas than any other single place in the world.

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Ah, but to some, the "average fighter" is a great thing! Just don't give me anything below-average like that Killer Instinct game on the N64. I'm a fighter fan, myself, so that's just my opinion. Besides, being able to throw people into other parts of the arena is the best part of the DOA series. That's why I loved the PS2 one so much ... kicking a big, fat wrestler around a martial arts dojo is fun.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

...and what rings to throw them around. We're talking big, here! You can freely run around with style...

...Average isn't crappy, but it's not the best either...

BakaMattSu
    ------------
    Did you know? It has been estimated that about 75% of US bills contain traces of Cocaine...

7. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

kingdom of hearts

for ps2 kingdom of hearts

cUz it's a rpg game same as ff's game i think it fun.

x-box shemue2

shemue1 i love it with the actionbut shemue2 it's must be awesome

8. GoT RiCe

GoT RiCe New Member

Dont forget Halo on X-Box, and the emulation of Halo on pc will be soooooooo TIGHT!!

9. Ardis

Ardis New Member

Emulating the Xbox on a PC is not hard, i know the tech specs of the Xbox and in far too many ways the Xbox is a cheap PC. And Baka, the graphics of DOA2 or Halo for the Xbox aren't that impressive, the graphics core of the Xbox is only a tweaked NV15. Any ways Halo was orginal a PC game, how it ended up on the Xbox is beyond me. On the bright side, Morowind is comming to the PC, and for some reason the Xbox(but with reduced graphics).

I believe microsoft is working on a Windows EX, Windows for the Xbox...

10. GoT RiCe

GoT RiCe New Member

hmm i didn't know that!