Hellsing New Hellsing manga. . . O_o

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Jaken, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Recently, Dark Horse released a manga on their anime series, Hellsing. Volume one came out and i was kinda disapointed. . . . There are parts where they elaberate more of the background info. . .and Charecters Bios. But they left out and changed many parts to the story. I expected them to do more of a prequal sort of thing. . .and explaining more of the plot. . .not just right the anime differently into a book. . .

I wanted to know what some others peoples input where on manga. . . Where you as disapointed as me?

2. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

Spoilers

I know it does go beyond the anime and that Icognito is an anime exclusive so that is gone but I know it goes beyond the imprisionment of Integra

End of Spoilers

3. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Well they did some minor character tweaking... but unfortunatly both for the better & worse.

Good
    Integra; less of a english prodestant stiff & more female

Bad
    Victoria; Hardly any words & if she does speak... more of a drone babbling "Yes master"

Oh well

4. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

I saw this in my local Borders, and I love the Hellsing anime, but I skipped over the manga. Mostly because I was in a rush, and had no money to spend.

5. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

Actually the manga came out before the anime. Just wait till you see members of the Millenium Group (s/p?), the true villains of the Hellsing series and the group Incognito was working for.

SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The werewolf is hilarious!

6. Dante

Dante New Member

***** I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WOULD BE A SPOILER BUT I'M WARNING NOW *****

I personally liked the short blip at the end of the first book with the German lady and the schizo nun. Thought that was pretty fun/funny. :D Anyone know if they actually are put into the main part of the series or remain just a little side-thing?

And, Seras isn't all drone and such. o_O; Though she does seem slightly more psychotic at times. :p

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

It was rather...medicore. Not all that great and yet the anime was better in my opinion.

But the manga is only 2 books so it doesn't really matter...

- Teddz

8. centrax

centrax New Member

It is more than 2 books. Book 3 is due out on the 16th of May 2004, although that may change seeing as the release of book 2 was moved from 17th March to 7th of April.

edit: get my dates right

9. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

Ya, i was

After hearing about Hellsing from Notason89, i totally wanted to know more about it :anime: Then i read the manga and a was also disapointed...your not the only one man :sad: Have you read the second? Is it any good? :confused: What is the main character's name?

10. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

See... i dont really think that the manga was all that much of a dissapointment.

I dont know, maybe it was just me.

11. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

So the manga is even worse than the anime. I'll be sure to avoid that like the plague.