Hellsing New Hellsing OVA in the works?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Baphijmm, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Source: Anime on DVD, pointed out by a friend on another forum

Thoughts?

I personally think this is great news. I thought the only thing "wrong" with the original Hellsing was the ending, and how it didn't really have one. Honestly, I've never read the manga, so I'm not entirely sure what's in store, but it should be interesting, to say the least.

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Oh, so it could be true? Cool. I thought it was a prank when I first heard about it :p

Well, I never read the manga as well, just saw the anime.. but the fact of an OVA and another Hellsing thing is awesome ^^ I can't wait!!

3. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I agree with you 100 percent! I've heard that there might be coming some new Hellsing episodes, but this is great news!

4. Raphael

Raphael New Member

5. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

Thinking from the poster.. I think it might be good.... the poster looks really cool, but we'll see what it'll really be like.... hopefully good

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I'm interested. I liked the original Hellsing, perhaps a follow-up OVA would be really nice.

/me wants :p

7. Leonof

Leonof New Member

I've been waiting for this for awhile. Ever since Hellsing's odd ending, I've been longing for something like this. Psalm of Darkness looks promising and I really do hope it has much to do with the manga. If that's the case, then the Ace of Spades question is understandable.

8. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I never read the manga but, I have been watching the anime and I can't believe it ended and if there's really one out but,I hope it's as good as the original Hellsing..

9. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i always thought that the 13 ep's of Hellsing was short, i wanted to watch more and now iam really exited about the OVA :) .

10. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

It is called Hellsing Ultimate. It will not be a follow-up per say. It will deal with the Millenium stuff of the manga (vol 3 and on.) It will not be in the same universe as the original series. Also if you liked the anime go out and buy the manga it is worth it.

11. alucardismygod

alucardismygod New Member

i have been waiting very long for these new episodes like everyone else, but, im wondering what it will be aobut. i have never read the manga, and the first 13 episodes ended with alucard being pretty much unstopable,, which makes me wonder how they are going to keep it interesting, this ova i think is going to be pretty interesting and i hope they keep going with it even after that

12. CrazedOCD

CrazedOCD New Member

Most excellent news! They may actually have Pip in this version! (Pip is a character in the original manga, for those who don't know.)

The reason for the abrupt ending is that they lost support for the series. Understand, Hellsing's manga version has a huge fan base, and when the anime ended up deviating from the manga so much, Japanese fans didn't like it. If you read the manga, you'll understand. It has a completely different plot by the third volume, as well as many addiitional characters and background info.

Update: The OVA will be released in Japan December 9th. It probably won't be available in English for another half or full year after that.

13. NightsGrace

NightsGrace New Member

Will Ceres Victoria (or however you spell it) and Walter still be in it? Not sure about manga, but I do like Walter..and with how Hellsing left him :( Hoping maybe he'll make a new appearance in the new one?

14. Julius II

Julius II New Member

Hellsing OVA

With the OVA release i am excited to see it......i only hope i can get my hands on it soon so i can enjoy hellsing again

15. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Well, I was kinda disappointed with the OVA now that I've seen it.. nothing new really, just summing the main issues from the first episodes in the first part of the OVA. The graphics, though, made it up for me; really awesome..

16. mrvicious

mrvicious New Member

Hellsing Ultimate OVA DVD

Just bought the new Hellsing Ultimate OVA DVD, and I am so glad I went for the 2 disc limited edition instead of the standard eddition that was also released. Really, really love that certain plot points were altered to better fit with the Hellsing mythology developed in the manga books! Also, the series has been reanimated for this new release, and it looks amazing (crsip colors, and lots more blood)! Highly recommend this one to the Hellsing fans out there.
    You can find more about the new DVD here:
    http://hellsingultimate.com/