Tenchi Muyo New Tenchi Muyo?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by That guy!, Apr 5, 2001.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I don't know but I remember something on ign or something about a new Tenchi Muyo! saga in the works, I don't remember much of the info though [​IMG]

2. That guy!

I know now what I forgot...

The new series is called Ryo Ohki series and it comes after the Muyo ova
    and reveal the mysteries of the Choushin godesses. According to Kajishima(director of Tenchi) Tenchi will finally settle down with someone, who will it be? I'm guessing Ryoko!!

for more info check out:
    http://scifi.ign.com/anime/6147.html

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

What, you mean he won't get together with Washu-Chan?!

BakaMattSu, when it comes to love, it's way over his head!

4. That guy!

I don't know, eh?
    I guess we'll have to wait until the show is finished being made

Tsunami is my favourite Tenchi girl! but it seems that Ryoko and Tenchi have the closest relationship...but that shows at the end of Tenchi Universe which is like a paralel universe from Tenchi Muyo! or somethin'

5. YokoburiKinura

The new OAV series is the planned third OAV series and conclusion to the OAV's; the OAV's were 'Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki' from the very beginning. I'm happy that someday we'll get to maybe see some closure on the Tokimi storyline - episode 13 really left us hanging.

I read some speculation on the Anime on DVD forum a while ago that relates to whom Tenchi should marry if he ever became emperor.
    *Consider the following to be of a spoiler nature*

The background is that in episode 13, we see that the Jurai king has two wives; Funaho, from Earth, who is Yosho's mother, and Misaki, a Juraian, who is mother to Ayeka and Sasami. In episode 5, Ayeka states that her father made a law that, after him (his example?), the royal family should mix with the blood of other planets. One of the two Jurai queens (probably Misaki because she is so strong) is the head of something like the royal bodyguard, and both hold important government positions.

Therefore, the speculation goes, if Tenchi becomes the Jurai king, he must have two wives, one Juraian and one alien. One of these should also be very strong. Ryoko makes a good choice for the alien and fulfills the strength requirement. The speculation I read indicated that Sasami (or Tsunami) would be a better choice for the Juraian side, as Ayeka would probably not be able to peacably share Tenchi with Ryoko.

I personally kinda like Ayeka, but I can see how Tsunami has a better temperament, plus you want to keep the spaceship power close to the throne.

*Probably a big spoiler, so if you haven't seen Tenchi Forever, Go No Further!*

I haven't seen 'Tenchi Forever', but I've heard that he basically chooses Ryoko at the end of that movie.

[This message has been edited by YokoburiKinura (edited April 09, 2001).]

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

7. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Ok I dont watch Tenchi much but heres a few questions , i wuz watchin Tenchi Muyo and he had met washu and all the people and then the next day tenchi universe is on and he had too meet em all again , confusing , next thing his granda turns out to be a big jerian prince or king , then a cat turns into a space ship , u see where im goin here very confusing anime , oh yeh in tenchi muyo Ryoko is a demon or somtin and in universe shes not ???

Watch Gundam Wing Instead

8. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

hehehe, the different thenchi series really are...different...ist the same story again sorta ...I say whatch each as its own and dont tink of hat happened in the other (ecept for comparison if u feel like it...)

//Aldamel, havent whatched much thencgi either.....