Transformers New Transformers Movie

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by VM1070, Aug 4, 2005.

1. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

The release date has been set for July 4, 2007.

Michael Bay will be the director of this movie and it will be done by Dreamworks with Steven Speilberg as the Executive Producer.

They are setting up the official website to follow the progress of the movie in the works.

It is official fans--we are going to see the Live action film and they have gotten one of the best to make it happen.

Let the countdown begin.....

Victor

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Excellent, I'm looking forward to this. I hope it won't be a flop.

(Btw, nice to see you back and positng VM)

- Shen

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Sounds great, but the 2007 is just too far away. I'm only looking forward to Pirates of the Caribean 2 for now. But the people making this make it sound like it's gonna be a hit!

-Seishin

4. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

From what I have read so far, it should be a really good movie. Plus Dreamworks has the midas touch in this kind of thing.

Victor

5. sangotaijiya

sangotaijiya New Member

Ah, I hope it's OK to post in a thread this old...

I'm really curious about this new Transformers movie. Is it going to have the G1 characters or the more recent characters in it? What about voice actors? As an 80s child, I'd love to see the greats from my youth (Welker, Kasem and Cullen) reprise their old roles, but I've heard they're going to aim this movie at kids. XP And that might make it necessary to use more current "talent" for the voices.

If they do use the G1 characters, what about Transformers like Soundwave and Blaster who transform into tape players? Most of today's kids probably have never seen a tape player. I read an IMDb that Soundwave might turn into a chopper. I think a better transformation would be an MP3 player in keeping with his sound background.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Regardless, Transformers is/was a children's show. Then again, Michael Bay *is* Michael Bay, so it'll be nice and LOUD...so I don't think it'll be *too* kiddy.

I've heard many things about what Transformer will turn into what. Then again, they've already changed it many times. Jazz is now a Mazda RX-8, instead of sticking to his Porsche roots. Grimlock is now a "Binaltech" Ford Mustang. Some people are saying Soundwave will be a CD Player.

Either way, will it stop you from watching it? =P

PS: The imDB site's newest TF thread is about George Clooney supposedly being the voice of Prime. I *do* hope they're kidding, as I'm not a member. >=P

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Regarding the kiddiness of the movie, current rumours have it sumarized as this...

"Kid buys an old clunker of a car, and said car turns out to be a transformer."

So we're basically getting a buddy film with Herbie and lasers. Yeehaw.