Manga Ring Project Newbee here, and don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by b-tuvs, Feb 19, 2006.

1. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Hello Guys, I'm new here and I'm wondering if this is the section where I can get to participate in anything about drawing or creating Mangas. I have been pretty interested in Manga art and I have been trining to draw good enough mangas. Can anybody fill me in the details of what this section is about??? Thanks a bunch!

2. Orion

Orion Gears

It is what it is; the Art forum! You can draw something and then post it here for all to see. If you want to show off your creativity, this is the place. Go nuts! :)

Yes, I you can draw mangas and show them here. ;)

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

The Manga Ring's somewhat different, though. I believe it's a project for boards.jp to create its own manga series.

BMS explained it [thread=17752]here[/thread], at any rate.

4. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Hmmn... This forum seems to be very interesting. Though its still not very clear to me, maybe I should stick around to learn more about this.

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

This forum here is a project we started up awhile ago amongst members to collaborate on our own manga. Shinryu pretty much linked the best post to get started with, so try giving it a read.

This isn't currently the most active area, but I'm hoping to improve upon that. From what I recall, we're still trying to decide on the final look for our main cast of characters.

6. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Manga Ring

SOUNDS PRETTY INTERESTING...
    Maybe I could contribute a little character design if you guys like. I just had a thing for designing characters, and I think it will help me a lot with my manga training :)

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

As a fan of your works, I would love to have you on board.

You might want to take a look at some of the existing design ideas that have been kicked around. We have an album of the submitted stuff here

As for the actual characters, we had two past discussions around Minato and Ein and Lugata.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Check again, Shinryu janai. :p

Anyway, if b-tuvs is going to be helping the ring out, I'd better get paying attention to it because it's sure to be great. :p