Newbie to list with a question

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by DevoVamp, Apr 22, 2004.

1. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, but I signed up a few days ago. I'm quite happy to be here!! :p
    I was checking out a few thins on Amazon.co.uk, because, even though I'm in Canada, I sometimes find I can get theory books through the UK Amazon more quickly than I can through the Canadian or US ones. (I'm a post-grad student, in my last year. :eek: ) But, while I was there, poking around, I saw several "Battle of the Planets" books, and I was wondering if anyone's read them. They don't seem to be listed on the Canadian Amazon. The titles are "Vol 1. Trial By Fire" (wasn't that the name of one of Top Cow's books?) :Vol. 2 : Blood Red Sky" and what I assume is the third one is called "Destroy All Monsters". (Hang on a minute, didn't the two odd vampire hunter kids in the movie "The Lost Boys" have a vampire comic with that same name???????? :confused: )
    Anyway, has anybody read them? Are they graphic novels, or what? Just wondering!!!!

2. Meridian

Meridian New Member

These are the trade paperbacks of the Top Cow comic series.

3. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Welcome, DevoVamp!!!

4. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Ahhhhh, I kind of wondered when I noticed that the title "Trial by Fire" was the same as the comic, but I wasn't sure. Thanks, Meridian! And thanks for the kind welcome, Mark!!!! I remember BOP from waaaaay back, I remember watching it when I was like 3 or 4, and still watching it when I was 10! LOL!!!!

5. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

I like the TPB too, they are more `user friendly` than the actual comics.

And in case any of you thought you were missing out..they `do` have Mr Rosses art in the back.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

were all crazy watch out.

don't do anything dumb ( cough ~spam~ cough or any other retarded thing) and you should be all right. ( we only go after the ones that don't make sense)

Like me !!

-- Captain :sweat2:

7. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

LOL!!!!! :D Don't worry, I'm totally not a spamer or anything. In fact, for a while I kept replying to the spam messages with "Spam the spammers!" repeated over and over again. Didn't work, though, since the messages just got sent back as being undeliverable. What a pain!!! :mad: I mean, if they're gonna waste our time, we should be able to waste theirs, right?? :p LOL!!! I was soooo shocked to find out that everybody still remember BOTP, since it seemed to me that I was the only person around here who watched it!! I guess that means I have much better taste than the people that I went to school with, huh? :anime:

8. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

Yes. We have very good taste here.

Including me