Neon Genesis Evangelion NGE on Cartoon Network

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by MamiyaOtaru, Jul 3, 2005.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Anyone notice that cartoon network picked up Eva? Is anyone else scared?

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Yes. Very.

At least there's still the DVD releases. So long as they don't mess with those, I'm happy.

3. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Lucky you. Here in Latin America the most we can see is yuyu hakusho :(

4. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I thing I wounder about is which version will they air. I'm assuming that they will play the "platnium edition" and possibly the director's cut for the last few episodes.

The real question it will they keep Pen-Pen the second episode because they didn't when they aired it a few years back with gaint robot week.

This could also be a good sign since this is the second ADV show on CN and they could get some more.

I think they are puting it on AS so it wouldn't be editted as much as if they had it on Toonami.

This is kinda suprising since this is an "older" show and it doesn't keep with thier current trend of getting new shinny shows like GitS:SAC, S-Cry-Ed, Gundam SEED, Paranoia Agent, and FMA

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it may be old, but to many fans, it's required viewing/classic. i may have dodged ninja scroll mightily, but no person into anime can avoid eva for long. it just happens to you.

that, or it was nice and cheap for them to pick up. ha haa. guarenteed ratings.

6. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Since you are never on ICQ anymore, gotta post it here.

Just saw this post for the first time. zOMG I'm sorry Berry! I totally missed it :( :( Congratulations and all!

7. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I just realized something terrible they will not have Cruel Angel Thesis because CN doesn't usually play the openings of shows. That is one of my favorite anime songs. Wait what do I care I have it on DVD unless they play the Platnuim ed which i dont have and then i might watch it. But still no Cruel Angel Thesis. :sad:

8. Matthew03

Matthew03 New Member

When was NGE on toonami? hmm musta missed it. and they havent confirmed a date which they will show on AS