Movies Ninja Scrolls.... Why do you like it?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by c0ke, Jul 29, 2002.

1. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I just finished watching Ninja Scrolls, I rented it because people said it was so good. The begining was okay, but the ending sucked, why is it so good?

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

It was the first anime movie I seen, so it kinda had an impression on me. Though, I didn't see the ending... but Shijima did kick ***. :D

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

How can You say ninja scroll Sucked.. I hope you watched the sub for one.. the dub is stupid..

But the Anime itself is Awesome!

KaMe

4. c0ke

c0ke New Member

I didn't say it sucked, I didn't like it. The action was good in the begining, but then it just died on me. I didn't like how that gay guy with the electric power died. And I did watch it in Japanese with sub.

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I dont like it as much as you guys did! Maybe its because that Im a girl and I find this anime offensive!

6. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Well, it's okey. But, like Toomaa-san said it is kinda offensive...
    It's a chick thing ya' know...

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Not just a chick thing.. I found it rather offensive as well. Also, I didn't find much in the way of story to offset that for me, so in the end, I didn't really like it at all

8. Musashi

Musashi New Member

To be completely honest guys, I think that the testosterone from the action sequences\nudity give men the kicks they need to go on... To be honest that is why I liked it too (hint liked) I also believe that I liked it because of the somewhat, by that I mean little, basic history of Japan...so you see why it is so popular..

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Distubingly funny (nervous laughs included) but it wasn't TOO great. I mean, all the offensive material and outright use of way too much gore wasn't needed at all. It'd have been better to find another, tasteful way to further storylines...

Funny though, I thought ninjas were supposed to be assassins, not murderous berserker machines capable of killing armies by the group.

10. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Eh, I just liked a lot of the characters, I've always enjoyed samurai/ninja type things. Shijima was of course my favorite, with his mechanical claw, hiding in the shadows and splitting apart. And although blind swordsmen are becoming cliche, it's still great to see them, of course I think the use of sex in it was rather pointless, but... ::shrugs:: Though I'll admit, the violence drew me in as well, I enjoy a good fight.

11. Musashi

Musashi New Member

true....Blind men need to see to make sense

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I thought that the action sequences in this anime were really cool but I had to turn away several times(and make the sign of the cross) when they had Hentai like nudity scenes. The anime would have been better methinks if they didn't have any nudity in it at all, I didn't find it neccessary really. But the samurai fighting is great, and I like a good fight!

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I am pretty sure that I posted the first reply :sweat: *kicks the computer* :anger:

Ah well.. where were we..oh yes, well, I didnt like that anime cuz there were many nudity scene, and the DVD isnt in my room, so I have to "FF" it, and that caused me missing some good information, so in the end, I got lost and didnt get it..

So, in other words, it wasnt that good..

"Whats the point of some robot (or whatever she was) of taking her cloths so that she cannot be seen?? :confused:
    And what the h*** was that ending?? >.<"

14. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Zanza.. this is a thread about Ninja Scroll.. sounds to me like you are talking about Ghost in the Shell hehe

Her skin was some artificial something or other that had weird properties that let it go invisible, unlike her clothes, which were just plain old cotton or polyester or something. That's the excuse anyway, imho it was just done so they had an excuse for a bunch of nude scenes.

But back to Ninja Scroll- well actually I don't have much more to say about it. Musashi, I know why it is popular. it is indeed tha action and nudity, that gets guys testosterone going. It is obvious that is why it's popular, I understand that. Still don't like it though. The action/nudity was all gratuitous and over the top. The fight scenes conformed nicely to the anime rules of physics which state that human bodies contain 40 gallons of blood at high pressure (something like that) anyway, beh to it all.

15. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

lol .. Zanza you shouldnt kick the computer, you should kick yourself!
    [​IMG]

Like zanza, I covered my eyes or skip the scenes that had nudity in it or other stuff ^_^; There are stuff that I didnt understand and I didnt want to watch it again. So I had to read the story over the internet -.- !Joy! -_-

16. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well it been a while since ive watched it.. there are 3 sex scene's that i remember, too of them being rape.. to me the Rape parts were put there to make you HATE the vilians.. To me someone who made this anime said.. Lets shock the viewer into realy hating these vilians and that way when Jubie kills them your LIKe Thats what you Get you sick bastard.. but the other sex part with the emporor is sorta of strange..

KaMe

17. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Well..............honestly thats what i do...............:sweat: