Video Games Nintendo Wii Launch (and other stuff)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chane, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Well yesterday was the launch of Nintendo's new Wii system, as well as a number of launch titles including the long-awaited Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the Wii version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, albeit some stores aren't getting the Wii until today or within the next couple days.

Thankfully, as it seems, the launch of the Wii went on without much of a hitch according to most reports, unlike the launch of the PS3. People in the Wii line in LA were chatting with strangers and hooking up their Nintendo DS to play Mario Kart or the likes. Also, a plus, no injuries.

And, for the pleasure of the certain few of you who are avid Sony or Microsoft fanboys (as I am a Nintendo fanboy, though I definitely would like a 360 and PS3 some day) or people who just hate Italian plumbers, pointy-eared, left-handed swordsmen from the 80s and bounty-hunter women that are actually fully covered in metallic body-armor complete with a visor and built-in scanner, here is what Nightmare asked for:

http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2951

The video for "Smash My Wii", just as I had promised (I think) to post after posting "Smash My PS3".

Of course, like the Playstation 3 has it's faults, such as a lack of audio support for certain PS2 and PS1 games and being unable to play some games all-around, the Wii has several faults in itself. One such case deals with that the Wii intended to be released with a disc that could update the system to work properly, however most of them were already updated to null the need of said discs. The problem comes in that there are a very few select consoles that were -not- updated (though as the article I will post states, it's from a few isolated cases, just like the problems with the PS3).

Other difficulties include some movements of the "Wiimote" not being read, discs not being read, and difficulty connecting to wireless routers for the internet access. All of which are pretty severe problems, but are expected in a freshly-released console and don't seem to be commonplace in the least.

Here's the article about the problems with the Wii launch:
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746801p1.html

And here's the article from G4/TechTV about the Wii launch event in LA:
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/TheFeed/date/11192006/index.html#667677

2. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

YAY! my satsifaction of seeing consoles being destroyed for no apparent reason has been satisfied.

On to the reason this thread exsist

The wii I'm more than interested hell more than half of my friends are planning on getting it, I just lack the funds, patience, and care to camp out for the wii. I may get one after christmas or some time later when I get a job, but for now I shall wait and watch as the library of new games fills for two systems I love the 360 and the Wii

Now for comedy I shall tell a tale that was said in my last peroid class today.

In my last class of the day me and my friends Jo, Beaner (nickname) Tim, Blaine, and Pyro where wating around for the bell. Well Pyro lost his flashlight his granddad gave him. He suspected us of having it and of course we didn't. Well pyro decided to bring a cop in on it and while he was searching for the flash light he asked who would want to steal a flash light, Me being a smartass responde for Night time masterbation reasons of course. My friend blaine though the bastard that he is says this and I quote "I don't need a flash light to play with my Wii, my Wii glows in the dark" We all start laughing (exception pyro) and the bell rang.

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Meh, Smash my Wii doesn't seem as impressive as the 360 because there's so many of them out right now. It's not nearly as scarce like the PS3 or the 360 a year ago.

"Yay, he smashed his Wii... I'm going to go inside and buy mine now."

._.

I got mine a little while ago and I can safely say myself and the guys I work with haven't had this much fun with a system in a while. Wii Sports alone was a blast to multiplay. I recommend a Wii, unless you really need to spend almost 3 times as much on a PS3 with only one appreciable launch title worth the extra money you have to fork over for it.

~W

4. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

I actually got sore for two days from playing Wii sports at a friends house... it was quite hilarious!

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

rayman was kicking my husband's ass heh. though, the cow toss is fun to do =3

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

My friends and I were talking about this at work. Some games would definately be fun to play. I heard there was a track game. I kind of want to play it but it couldn't beat the old nintendo track game.

Right now at the top of my list is a dance pad.

At some point I plan on getting it. But with all the stuff I don't play now. I wonder if there is even a reason too.