Music Nobuo Uematsu

Discussion in 'Music' started by Odin, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Odin

Odin Member

If you're unfamiliar with the thread's name, he's the composer of much of the music from the Final Fantasy series (up to FF X, where he only did some of it, and I don't believe he does any in FF XI).

Some amazing arrangements have been produced (like in the CD Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec) along with all of the Piano Collections for FF IV, V, VI, VIII, IX, and X (no VII . . .::sigh::) . . .and I really love a lot of his music. I even picked up a lot of the sheet music and the songs are really fun to play, too.

So is anyone else here a fan of this wonderful man? Any particular favorite songs? They can be from anything he's done in-game or arranged, etc. etc.

-Odin

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

He was GREAT early on, and was in pretty rare form in VIII. But, I think he's beginning to be a little repetitive. Don't get me wrong, I loved the music in X, but sometimes, it seems it's just the same thing with...slight changes. Imma hope he gets a little less redundant in upcoming games...'cuz, I mean, c'mon! DVD-ROMs have so much more space than that of a normal PSone CD, and FFVIII has the best I've heard since! *sigh*

Like I said though, I'm a fan of his work, don't get me wrong. ;)

3. Hikaru

Hikaru New Member

REALLY? SUGOI!

Did he compose Melodies of Life? (I really liked that song)

4. Odin

Odin Member

Yes, Melodies of Life was composed by Nobuo Uematsu! The lyrics were written by Ciomi (whoever that is . . . that's the only name listed in the credits for the music in the FF IX CD that I have), the orchestration arrangement was done by Shiro Hamaguchi, and the vocal is sung by Emiko Shiratori.

I also like Melodies of Life . . . when I first heard it though, I thought it was a bit too long, but after listening to it a couple times through I grew to like it.

Izzy - I agree that he was stronger early on. The *overall* soundtrack to Final Fantasy IX is probably one of my lesser favorites (though it still has some really nice tracks). I still hope he's in business for FF XII, whenever that comes out, because I personally feel that he still has the talent to crank out good music for the Final Fantasy series.
    -Odin

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Yeah, Uematsu is cool. I've got the entire FFVII ost on my pc, my favourite one, which I painstaikingly downloaded song by song from kazaa. Took me around a year in total. I also have most of the vocal songs, most of which rock. Teah, Uematsu rules.
    He was greatly overworked on the ST for FFIX, so he did many re-mixes of old songs. It's probably my least favourite of the STs, but FFX has a damn good one.