O_O brain dead.

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by That guy!, Nov 11, 2004.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

So I was walking to class today and I reached the crosswalk and waited for about five minutes, when I looked up at the sign the stop hand was blinking. I don't know how long I zoned out there for.. hehe, reminds me of a scene from Azumanga Daioh.

I finally finished the preliminary version of my philosophy paper. I think I understand more or less the whole paper, but I have to explain to my professor and a group of students in my class what I wrote about. Philosophy isn't your ordinary look up something and write on it easily.. the essays have to be valid, sound, cogent, without fallacies, well written and I have to prove this to my prof. But, the problem is that you can't really tell what Philosophers are talking about because they use really huge words. Really, a lot of them want to help out society and the guy I'm writing on wants to prove to people that they are contained and how they could free themselves but the ordinary person wouldn't understand what's going on... take for example: "This unification of opposites bears upon the very possibilities of social change where it embraces those strata on whose back the system progresses-that is, the very classes whose existence once embodied the opposition to the system as a whole" (Marcuse, 1964, p.blah) - and this is the easiest quote I could find to post. I think I put together my info well but there is probably a lot of stuff that I missed and I'll end up having to rewrite my essay.. Blarg, I'm rambling on and on.

I guess this is just adulthood and I have to get used to it. Surprisingly I'm starting to understand this new type of language, but it requires you to know quite a lot of concepts. Oi, I don't want to grow up.. it sucks and I have no clue what will happen when I'm done University. I'll be out in the real life and pulled in, marry, make money for capitalism and then finally free again when I retire. Sounds fun!

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I love zoning out like that, and then theres just thatlittle snap back to reality when you realise thatyou've been standing in the same spot for 10 minutes staring at nothing, and people walk by wondering if you died standing up.

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

cogent? what's that?

Adulthood? what's that?

You can stay living under the Bridge if you want. But the food is expensive. o.0

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

oh..? where am I...?

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

*Suzu is brain dead at the moment* Philosophy... I took a Theroy of Knoweldge course, and i found it confusing... and sometimes in class i end up spacing out... Anyways, Never growing up? That's sound like "Never Land" in the "Peter Pan" story... :)