One Piece One Piece: Anime

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Anyways, 1 'what character are you' thread, 2 manga threads, 0 general anime threads. So here we are!

I'm proud to say I'm presently all caught up in episodes at an outstanding 80. but I am yet to see the movies and specials. w00t that Chopper Reindeer d00d will finally appear in episode 84. Can't wait. The music for this show is really cool too. I really love Zoro's will-power, Sanji's kick and Luffy's carefree attitude.

This anime has episode titles for 180 episodes. So look forward to a long run full of fights, crazy antics and merry old whatnot.

So, all who have seen it, what do you think?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I've been to a One Piece store....that's about my extent of knowledge concering One Piece.

And that there's a character named Zoro.

3. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I have a pencil pad of One Piece (I forgot the Japanese name for those things, but it's a thin piece of semi-sturdy plastic, slightly smaller than a sheet of paper). And I've seen a few of the first several episodes, and I think it's pretty fun. I also played the 3D fighting game of One Piece for PS2, which is okay (kinda like Power Stone where you run around a colorful 3D area, collecting items, trying to beat up your opponent with a few attack buttons, but the super attacks are full-screen-cinematic style, and some are really cool).

I like the art style of One Piece, cuz it's different from mainstream styles. It's a "fun" style without being too girlie or too macho. Luffy's always happy cuz he's made of rubber and is nearly invincible!

4. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

I simply adore One Piece!!! XD OMG~~~
    ::fangurl side kicks in::
    I've read the manga ~ caught up to the latest release in Shonen Jump. Ch. 307 (BTW NEW STORY ARC IS SUGOI~~)... In the anime they are up to like.. Skypiea arc at 178 or something *_*;;
    I love sanji~ he went thru a lot! I really admire him~ everything between him and Zeff XO. I also love zoro.. his will power .. is just too great. He never gives up! I hope he becomes the best swordsman XD.. I also adore Ace~~ even though he wasn't mentioned much in the manga... but he's cool. They added stuff about him in the anime. (So sexy~ all one piece guys >;O)
    I've bought like most character singles, OSTs, calendars, manga (japanese), Colour Walk 1 and 2, One piece animation log book... I need plushies *_*;
    But everyone should watch this! Man it's so funny and sad at times... Like Nami's story... made me cry ;_;
    Chopper is so cute ~~ just wait till ep 81-86 XD KAWAIII!!!
    Also love Luffy~ very strong :anime: :anime:

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

WOW alkie-san you really are a Fan gurl of this series lol! :D It's really one of the most amusing and funny anime shows. It's really hard to hate all characters. You must end up having a favorite!
    I love all Straw Hat pirates! And for villans i like Jango, I find him really funny, although he is not attractive at all... eww what am i saying LOL

The world of one piece is really unique. I've enjoyed watching every episode! IT's really unpredictable, and has twists and turns at every corner.

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Chopper is soo cute! And I feel very sad for him I know he'll find happiness with Luffy and the gang! :) episode 84 rocked!

7. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

HAI! Chopper is CUTE! ^_^ Nami-san please take good care of him!
    I can't wait to see what happens in Arabasta! =_= aww they have to beat the crap out of that fat hippo guy (forgot his name)...

There should be a one piece forum! This series is great! and is as interesting as Naruto!

8. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Thank you, seraphim! Your passing comment about it on my Naruto thread made me want to check it out, and I already love it myself. :)

What's better, the manga or the anime? I've only seen a little of both.

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

cool Billy277. I heard good things about the manga but have only seen the anime so far. My anime viewing has ceased since my HDD died in the middle of getting episode 85. well lol. its not One Piece's fault :p anyways I just love the character development that goes with this show. and the battles are amazing. the characters and heir designs are very interesting as well. creative I would say.

10. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

You guys should read the manga *_*;;
    The new arc is really funny X3

11. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I think Chopper was in 81, but in the reindeer form and just for maybe a few minutes..

One piece is great!! YARRR! It makes me want to get my own pirate ship and crew and sail the ocean. It's hard to decide who my favourite character is, I'm thinking Usopp.. he seems to be cowardly and weak but he's really intelligent.

The animation of the show is great too, it reminds me of Dragonball. Well, I think it's more the character movement that is great, some animes have like 2 minutes of just one frame with a mouth moving on a person but I haven't seen that in One Piece.

12. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Episodes 87 and 88 were amazing! CHOPPER ACTION

**********spoiler*********

LOL: I thought the Chopper scan move was soo cute! :D Reminded me of Final Fantasy...

13. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I know. but it was funny when Luffy thought he'd shoot out beams. lol. I didn't know those things about Tony Tony Chopper. I love Luffy even more now as well. if that was even possible. at the start, I didn't know if Luffy knew much about being a pirate, but he is a pirate incarnate.

14. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Episode 90!

WOW! I never imagined that Doctor Hiriluk Quaky Experiment would turn out something like that! It must have been wonderful! I felt like Giving Tony Tony Chopper a REAL BIG HUG! ^___^ :catgirl:

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Chopper cried and cried. then I almost cried. I thought the arc had ended. but what a nice way to end it. It was beautiful. poor Sanji though. lol