OT: prayers

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Elvin Ruler, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Hey all,
    This is in memory of Uncle Lee. He wasn't my uncle, no, but that's what he asked me, and the rest of the youth in my group, to call him. He was a recovering alcoholic, a new Christian, and as part of his recovery, he was to come to our youth group, talk to us about alcoholism, and continue to just go there. We loved him. Anyways, about three weeks ago, he stopped coming. We were really worried about him, as we thought he might be drinking again. Last night I received a phone call from one of the youth leaders. Someone had seen tire tracks leading into a stock tank and inside the tank was a truck, and Uncle Lee. We don't know if he was drunk, if he fell asleep, or if he had another siezure or hpw long he'd be in there. Please keep the family in your prayers. Uncle Lee loved Spiderman and motorcycles. He was a big part of our youth group. He gave us the opportunity to see what it was like on the other side of alcohol. Anyways, again, please keep the family in your prayers. This came as a big shock to them. Whatever we expected, this was not it.
    Thanks,
    Elvin Ruler

2. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

It was not mentioned in the above letter, that Uncle Lee was found dead. Since it was assumed otherwise at a different messageboard, I thought I'd post that. Again, please say a prayer for the family.
    Thanks,
    Elvin Ruler