Manga Ouran High Host Club

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Kawaii-neko163, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

This manga is so hilarious that I have read the four avaliable mangas over and over again! It's by Hisco Hatori. The art is pretty fabulous too. It's more a comedy than a romance but there are definitely hints of it.

I totally recommend this to those who need laughs. :D

1 person likes this.
  2. miyavigaku

miyavigaku New Member

good read

I think her name is Bisco Hatori, but anyways, I just got book 3 today and it's a good read, but I don't know about the whole on-going process of her pretending to be a guy, and is actually a girl with the Host Club. It's just slow, but still is good.;)

3. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

yeah it is Bisco thanks for correcting me. well this series is really just pure comedy.

the only way she can pay back that broken $80,000 vase is to garner 1,000 customers. And you can't do that unless you attract the ladies and being a girl, she can't. So she has to continue pretending to be a guy. Funny how she's pretending to be a guy and her dad is dressing like a woman. hahaha.

it's completely about comedy and the fun adventures of Haruhi and the Host Club. Just when you think they get serious the story ends in a silly and funny twist. It's great. :D

I like Mori the best.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I started watching the anime, and hope to read the manga soon! The story is very well done and very hilarious!

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I started to watch the anime also. I hope to get the manga soon.

6. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Well, I'm going to revive an older thread. We need more discussion in the manga section anyway; it's too quiet here.

My initial response to Ouran High School Host Club was...lukewarm at best. The Shojo Beat preview volume didn't give me enough to develop a solid opinion, so while I was hanging around Barnes & Noble for the Harry Potter party I picked up the first volume of Ouran to read. Normally I'm not one to read manga in the store, but it was a bit of a special case.

I guess at the time I wasn't in the mood for that type of story, and I also wasn't able to sit down and focus on it. My initial impression was one of confusion (and "there are other series I like better") so I didn't pick up the first volume.

Fast forward to the start of the anime release. I remembered being at least mildly entertained by the first volume of the manga, so I checked out the anime, as did my little sister. After the first episode finished up, she told me in no uncertain terms that she wanted more, and I informed her there was a manga. I also told her I was planning to buy it.

The combination of the anime reintroduction and the availability of several volumes in manga format sealed my love of this series. It's comedic and touching, and it uses the various shojo/manga cliches very effectively by knowing they are cliche.

...I just wish the next volume were out already.

~Shadrach Anki

1 person likes this.
  7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I have Volume 1. I have to re-order them for this place that I go to in my town.

I started off with the anime. I was hooked instantly. The first episode made me search to see when the rest were going to air.

I even downloaded a couple raw because I just couldn't wait. Especially with the last episode.

Now that the anime is over with I must say I am completely not satisfied which means I will be buying the Manga.

The way Haruhi changes the members of the Host Club is to rich to let go. I also have a soft spot for their relationships developing.

I am going to check out Millennium Snow by the same creator. It does sound interesting. Girl about ready to die and a vampire who will live 1,000 years and share it with a partner...

8. geishaboy

geishaboy New Member

I saw the whole set for sale on an internet auction site, maybe I should buy them after reading all this

Even if they are on the pricey side