ova/movie kenshin question

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by jmtl, Jan 19, 2004.

1. jmtl

jmtl New Member

hi im totally new to this forum and searched and didnt find any information about this and was hoping someone could clear this up

i just got the series and finished watching it all(1 week all 95 episodes man that was addicting :anime:)and im interested in getting the movies now, but have gotten confused and dont want to buy 2 of the same thing so here it goes

trust and betrayal directors cut, these are before the anime series start and explain kenshins past

samurai x the movie takes place right after shishios defeat(from what i hear)

samura x reflection takes place long after the last anime episode

now heres my question i think these may be the same thing as some of the other anime posted above

note: the links below are for an auction on ebay that was the only place i saw these movies and im not posting the links for anything other than the information in them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3379789199&category=2290

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3378740089&category=41524

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

there two ways to order there...

first. the manga way.

ok you have the TV series...which incidentally has 33 filler episodes that really have nothing to do with any particular story line. technically the Rurouni Kenshin OVA Tsukiohen comes during the Seishouhen OVA... so in terms of how the manga is layed out. you have the TV series which follows the manga storyline up to the end of the battle with Shishio. then comes the Seishouhen OVA in a sense...the Jinchuu Arc is in the manga and has the Tsukiohen OVA sotryline as a rememberance arc. the movie doesnt have a part really...theres nothing linking it to any one point in the series except the fact that Saitou is there meaning that it has to be past episode 30 or manga 7.

so basically we have
    Rurouni Kenshin TV series episodes 1-62 then you have the Seishouhen OVA which has the Tsukiohen OVA in the middle of it. finally you have the movie which isnt part of the storyline.