Ova

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Oct 26, 2001.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

;_;

I just saw the 4th ova!! I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILER
    DONT READ IT BECAUSE IT THE BIGGEST SPOILER ///EVER\\\

kenshin dies in the end of the 4th ova. Koaru and Kenshin suffered alot in the end! With the disease and their seperation from each other .. I wish they had lived happily ever after!!

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Is it me, or did Sano look awesome in those last OVA!? He was like, "Hey look at me, I can take on a tiger straight in the eye and live to tell about it."

And Yahiko just looked like...a really wise Yahiko. Brash, but patient! And I think who he's seemingly paired up with is totally cute!

3. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I drooled all over the screen when Sano appeared with his silky long hair. DROOL!
    Damn to those who have said that Aoshi would be in the last Ova:mad:
    Anyway, Izzy what did you think of the last scene of the 2nd Seisouhen OVA?

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Err...which one would that be? The OVA I watched only had two "openings" and I wasn't sure that it was a four parter! Err, if you're talkin' about the very end, I thought it was melodramatic but I can't see Kenshinta :)D) any other way than to fight till he can't no more.

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

SPOILER ..

Its the ova where Kenshin fight Enishi!
    What would happen to Koaru after Kenshin's death? Would she continue living her life or commet suicide?! When Kenshin left to Kyoto, look what have happened to her! She laid in her bed for days! Now Shinta died, so in your opinion what will she do?

6. ChaosBurnFlame

ChaosBurnFlame New Member

The OVA's are NOT canon! Because: A) the characters act entirely out of character from what we've seen in the manga, B) The events are scewed and portrayed differently, and C) The ending was nothing like the ending of the manga. Thus, I believe the OVA's shouldn't even exist.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Chaos, the manga and series are different. Alot of manga are like that. Take the EVA series manga as an example. Asuka *FLIRTS* with Shinji! Also, they didn't meet in the battle at the sea, Shinji met Asuka at an arcade. Also, Shinji is more sure of himself in the manga. I'm just saying that manga and anime can be similar but really different. If they're as far apart as you say...then that might be weird...but it's not totally alien to have a few differences...even when it all ends!

Edited because I'm still confused about which OVA.

8. ChaosBurnFlame

ChaosBurnFlame New Member

BOTH OVA series, actually... but the OVA's came out LAST out of the whole sequence of published events... Watsuki-sensei's manga came first, and somepoint in the middle of the Kyoto Arc of the manga, the anime started.... the anime caught up quick with the manga, so quick in fact that the Jinchuu Arc of the manga was never done in the anime, instead, to 'buy time' to animate the Jinchuu arc, the third season were 'filler episodes'. the EVA anime and manga differences are slight, and have no real baring on either's mood(slightly dark and mindscrewy), while Rurouni Kenshin, as the manga, the FIRST THING PUBLISHED AND FINISHED WITH A HAPPY ENDING YEARS BEFORE EITHER OVA CAME OUT, was a COMEDY WITH DRAMATIC ELEMENTS...... Simply put, the OVA's, which change the whole mood AND sequence of events, AND how the events occured, ARE NOT CANON WITH THE MANGA.

9. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

REALLY?! That would be cool! Hope he's like his Otosan!!!